Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4256 - 05/31/02 02:04 AM Madrid:Adriano vs Lopez
CanadianAussie Offline

I am having trouble deciding between Hostal Lopez & Hostal Adriano , in Madrid.
It would be in June for 3 days.

Any opinions?

#4257 - 05/31/02 05:40 AM Re: Madrid:Adriano vs Lopez
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
My praises for Hostal López are very well documented here on the message board (use the SEARCH link above/right to find them) so I won't bore you with those again here. Your decision might be easier if you knew both hostels had availability for you for your desired dates. Seeing that tomorrow begins June, the month you'll be visiting Madrid, I can almost guarantee that Hostal López will be full for at least one if not all three days you're wanting.

I'm not so sure about Hostal Adriano if anything has been posted yet on them. Use that useful SEARCH link above/right to find it if it's there. Otherwise, does anyone have any fresh opinions about these two places in Madrid?

Have a great time in Spain! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4258 - 06/04/02 01:09 AM Re: Madrid:Adriano vs Lopez
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I have never stayed at Hostal Lopez. I have stayed at Hostal Adriano several times. Here are what I see as the advantages and disadvantages. I have no connection to this hostal.

The rooms are brand new, bright and colorful. They have plenty of shelves, hooks, closet space and electrical outlets. The furnishings are bright and new (brass beds, wood floors) and there is real art on the walls. Each room has a fridge with freezer and ice cube tray and a ceiling fan. They use the German system of bedding with covered down quilts ,instead of top and bottom sheets. They give you lots of pillows. Plenty of hot water. Very friendly owners. Central location, 100m from Km0. Much more room for the money than any other Madrid Hostal I have been to.

The drawbacks are-4th floor location with no elevator.(No noise though) No CNN or other English TV. No safe. The new water saving electric toilets they use are noisy and can be heard from the next room. No full time reception. From what I have seen, they take no walk-in traffic.

I can deal with these and consider it a "find". The rooms have to be seen to be believed!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments