Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#42457 - 09/20/06 12:28 PM Re: Obtaining a Spanish Driving License?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Chica wrote: (welcome back, by the way!)
Quote:
and actually get a Spanish license 6 months after being granted residency. That, apparently, is the law.
I recall you mentioning this once before that the law states somewhere that you must get your Spanish drivers license 6 months after being granted residency. Apparently, then, I'm breaking the law. But what if I-don't-want to get a Spanish drivers license. Surely they can't force us to get one if we don't want one.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#42458 - 09/20/06 01:07 PM Re: Obtaining a Spanish Driving License?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Hey Chica,
Good to see you back! And I thought I had done a disappearing act rolleyes rolleyes
Check your email later today as I will pop off a note -
W

#42459 - 09/21/06 09:27 AM Re: Obtaining a Spanish Driving License?
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
wave everyone! Thanks for the welcome back comments... I never went away! I do check in from time to time, but my life has taken on a newer distraction who is about to turn 8 months old already! Where does time go? eek smile

Quote:
Apparently, then, I'm breaking the law. But what if I-don't-want to get a Spanish drivers license. Surely they can't force us to get one if we don't want one.
You are right, they can't force you to get one. But they can enforce the laws upon the people who break them. If the law says that you must have a Spanish license 6 months after being granted residency and you don't have one.. and get caught driving, you CAN be forced to pay the fine, lose points, have license revoked or whatever is the punishment. wink

#42460 - 10/09/06 05:57 AM Re: Obtaining a Spanish Driving License?
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
so i read that in Spain being in American you need to go to autoescuela? to get your driving license in Spain? wow EU or not it is better in France.
I came in and my father and we exchange our US licenses for French ones right away. It is good for about 13 US states that have bilateral agreements with France. Florida,California etc.lol!!! la vie est belle en France!!!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments