Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42404 - 01/02/06 10:31 AM Teaching English in Valladolid
Gretchen6 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
A friend of the family left yesterday to study Spanish in Valladolid for 5 months. It is her senior year in college and she has majors in English and Spanish. She was hoping to give some private English lessons while abroad. Any suggestions? Thank you for any suggestions.

#42405 - 01/09/06 09:07 AM Re: Teaching English in Valladolid
janel Offline

Loc: Madrid
Im sure she can find people who would want classes But she should find them now because the longer she can say she will be their teacher the better. But she shouldn't commit herself to too much if she also wants time to travel. She should start by asking her host family if she has one if any of their friends would be interested. Word of mouth is the way things work best here, so the best is for her to ask around, ask at the bakery or wherever she meets Spanish people.

#42406 - 01/09/06 07:55 PM Re: Teaching English in Valladolid
Gretchen6 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
Thank you Janel for the excellent advice. I will pass it on. I guess it will all work out in the end smile Seems to me, I always found work in my student days and lots of friends along the way. I am not familiar with Valladolid, but hopefully it will offer the same opportunities. Have a great day.

#42407 - 01/10/06 05:19 PM Re: Teaching English in Valladolid
janel Offline

Loc: Madrid
Sure Gretchen, I hope she has a great time in Spain!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 808 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments