Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42387 - 11/08/05 03:06 PM Veterinarian in spain
eltorero Offline

Hello. If I were a veterinarian, and I wish to move to Spain for dual citizenship (I would live there "permanently" but retain US citizenship for family), does anyone know of the job availability for veterinarians in the bullfighting community? Do the individual torero's farms have their own vet, or would I work for a plaza de toros? Thank you for any info.

#42388 - 11/10/05 10:12 AM Re: Veterinarian in spain
janel Offline

Loc: Madrid
Sorry I dont know about the needs for vets, but as far as having permission to work in Spain you don't need Spanish "citizenship" but a residence permit. If you are lucky enough to eventually get a permanent residence permit that would be the goal. I THINK you can only be a full spanish citizen(after you are a permanent resident) if you actually choose to give up your US citizenship, Which you said you dont want to do. Now, how you actually go about getting any kind of residence and work permit is another delimma..
best of luck!
j.

#42389 - 11/14/05 06:15 PM Re: Veterinarian in spain
eltorero Offline

Thank you for your reply. I had heard of dual citizenship with the UK, but wasn't sure about Spain. Though, I did notice in my passport it says that you give up US citizenship if you accept citizenship in other countries or something along that line. thanks.

#42390 - 05/10/07 10:55 PM Re: Veterinarian in spain
Uki Offline

Loc: Madrid
What kind of vet are you contributing to animal torture? I can't understand.

Don't buy pets, adopt them

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments