Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42382 - 10/25/05 10:07 PM easy ways to get your spanish citizenship???
ninas Offline

Loc: Boston,Massachusetts U.S.A
Hello everybody!! Hope you're staying dry and warm where ever you are ...I'm doing all right considering the amount of rain we've been receiving here in the U.S.-

I have a few questions about receiving your spanish papers a.s.a.p-

My father wants to move permantly to spain; I heard that for a person to gain access into the country they need an invitation from a spanish citizen and a job offer... Is this true; if not what else do you need?

You see my fathers sister/niece are spanish citizens and they own a small business, so I would imagine that the invitation and Job offer are all set but what else am I missing?

Any help please would be very much appreciated smile

#42383 - 10/31/05 12:18 PM Re: easy ways to get your spanish citizenship???
janel Offline

Loc: Madrid
A site that has been helpful for me is http://www.spain-visas.com/ I would recommend paying a lawyer to help through the complicated and bureaucratic process. If his sister is a spanish citizen maybe he can request residency through her. (like familiar repatriation) Or through the job offer too. Good luck!
Janelle

#42384 - 11/01/05 06:52 AM Re: easy ways to get your spanish citizenship???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow! I'd LOVE to hear if there really are any easy ways to get Spanish citizenship! I believe it takes years for that even if you marry a Spaniard (1+ year of paperwork + 1 year of residency after marriage). Even if your father gets a work permit (very unlikely except in unusual circumstances) he won't get citizenship from that but would eventually get residency. There's a thread somewhere here about a Spanish prospective spouse (male) possibly hiring the prospective spouse (female) but I don't think that's very easy either.

Good luck to your father! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#42385 - 11/01/05 10:45 PM Re: easy ways to get your spanish citizenship???
ninas Offline

Loc: Boston,Massachusetts U.S.A
Well, I still have to talk to my aunt about the small details but I was informed this way was another altervative instead of getting married...

I'll have to see...but I'll keep you guys posted! laugh

#42386 - 11/11/05 03:37 PM Re: easy ways to get your spanish citizenship???
carmencitav Offline

Loc: Miami, Florida
Two days ago I just had my US passport stamped with the Spanish Resident Schengen visa from the Spanish consulate in Miami. I applied for the easiest one which is for Jubilados o Pensionistas or retired pensioneer. The most difficult requirement for this visa (you can be of any age) is that you must prove a lifetime pension or income of US$10,000 per year minimum ... could be Social Security, stocks, bonds or probably rental income. The second catch is you must show solvency such as a few thousand dollars in a bank acct. Thirdly, you must give a private or residential address where you will reside. If you have family of friend in Spain, you may give that address and they may or may not ask for letter of invitation. In my case they did not. The other requirements are quite simple such as Police, Medical certificates, health insurance, $100, etc. The Resident visa is valid for 90 days within which you must travel to Spain and present yourself to the Comisaria General de Extranjeria y Documentacion within 30 days of the stamped date of entry.I look forward to traveling between February and March.
Buena Suerte!
carmencitav

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments