Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42227 - 05/06/05 04:23 PM Volunteering in Madrid?
MadridGirl273 Offline

I will be living in Madrid in June and July of this year near Complutense. My classes begin July 4th, so I would like to get involved before then in something if possible. Does anyone know of opportunities for students to volunteer in this area? Or where I might look for them?

Lindsey

#42228 - 05/06/05 08:34 PM Re: Volunteering in Madrid?
AgenteMunicipal Offline

Loc: Canada
Ever had a desire to drive an ambulance ???

If so, I think that Spanish Red Cross ambulances are all staffed by volunteers...

www.cruzroja.es

or

http://www.cruzroja.es/portal/page?_pageid=214,12035354&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30

#42229 - 05/10/05 03:29 AM Re: Volunteering in Madrid?
lindah Offline

Loc: Seattle
Hi again Lindsey,

I volunteered at a non-profit when I was studying in Cordoba -- Cordoba ACOGE, a pro-immigrant support/assistance group. It was the local chapter of the national organization. I had assistance finding the volunteer opportunity because my program had someone with a lot of connections with non-profits who became the volunteer coordinator, so I can't really tell you how to go about it. But, I would try to look up some non-profits (O.N.G. in Spanish -- Organizacion No Gubernamentales) and find one that interests you and contact them. For instance, I had friends who were interested in health care volunteer with an organization that did physical therapy (in water) with children....I can't remember the name of the organization off the top of my head though. Also, keep in mind though that the volunteer opportunity that they have for you may not be that glamorous. Since you're not going to be there for that long, you won't have too much time to learn/train for something that may be more involved. But, the important thing is that you'll get a chance to meet some more people and perhaps find out more about the organization.

Good luck!
Linda

#42230 - 05/10/05 05:04 AM Re: Volunteering in Madrid?
Amleth Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi!

There's an office in Madrid that controls volunteer activities. They've got vacancies throughout the EU.

If you go to the "Concejalía de la Juventud" or any student association there will be tons of information about it.

They are carrying out a research in the UCM (Faculty of Philology) and they need volunteers too smile (english native speakers).

Volunteers Needed

#42231 - 05/11/05 05:10 PM Re: Volunteering in Madrid?
MadridGirl273 Offline

Thank you! I will definitely try those suggestions!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments