Hello Everyone! Firs of all I want to say that I'm very exited to have found this site, it is great!

I am a songwriter from Guatemala who is a legal resident of the US. I want to go to spain to try to promote my music and maybe get a recording contract. I have a CD that I have been working on and it should be finished by the end of next month.

Basically, I would like to get your opinion on how to go about staying in Spain for at least a year. The music business is not an easy thing so I know that I need at least a year to make some progress.

I am leaving for Spain on april 30 and bought an open ended ticket. I don't need a visa to enter the country but I don't know how to go about staying.

First I thought that I could just go there, try to look for a job and get a work visa with that but from what I have read that doesn't seem to be very easy to accomplish.

I also thought that I could get a student visa but it seems like I have to register full time. The only school of music I would be intrested in attending only offers five-hour class time a week, which I don't think qualifies as full time.

The last option in mind is to go there as a tourist and after 90 days go to Switzerland (since it is not part of the European Union)to visit a friend of mine and then go back to Spain for another 90 days.

What is your opinion? Please help me out! I'm going regardless since I already have my ticket.

Thanks for your response.