Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4191 - 05/12/02 12:18 PM Salamanca Hostel Search: Plaza Mayor?
Marcie Offline

Loc: arizona
Does anyone know of a hostel in the Plaza Mayor area of Salamanca? I'm looking for one for my 2 grown sons who will be meeting up with us at the end of June. The Salamanca Youth Hostel looks nice; however, we've requested reservations twice and have not heard back from them. Thanks for any suggestions.

#4192 - 05/12/02 01:23 PM Re: Salamanca Hostel Search: Plaza Mayor?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Hi, Marcie--
I have stayed in two hostales (one was Pensión Lisboa, and the other MIGHT have been Pensión Las Vegas, but I am not sure!) on Calle Melendez, which is just one street off of the Rua Mayor (which runs south from the Plaza Mayor). Both were inexpensive and fine--but certainly nothing fancy! They had (if I recall correctly) private bedrooms and shared bathrooms. The street itself is small and short, running down toward the Clerecia. These places might be a step up from a youth hostel with shared rooms.

You should check out the thread Lodging report: Salamanca for additional suggestions.

I have also stayed in Hotel Las Torres, right IN the Plaza, and wouldn't recommend it unless you have a strong desire (as I did) to be looking out over the Plaza. It's my favorite place in the world, so I thought it would be fun to spring for a more expensive place in order to overlook the Plaza. However, the room itself was only so-so, and the bathroom was tiny and quite worn. I think some rooms there have been remodeled, though.

Anyway, if I were going back (I've been 4 times) I think I would choose an inexpensive hostal and save my money for a shopping excursion or nice meals.

#4193 - 05/27/02 08:15 PM Re: Salamanca Hostel Search: Plaza Mayor?
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Hi Marcie,
I don't know if you are still in need of this information but a very long time ago I posted some hostel/ hotel info for Salamanca. Hostal Plaza Mayor is about as close to the plaza as you can get without being in it, and is very clean, modern, nice. Hotel Condal is a good place too, central and pretty economical. Do a search to find my posting, it was probably from August of last year.

#4194 - 05/27/02 09:26 PM Re: Salamanca Hostel Search: Plaza Mayor?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
HOSTAL PLAZA MAYOR **
PLAZA DEL CORRILLO 20
Salamanca
37002 - Salamanca
Teléfono: 923-262020

Hostal Las Vegas @ http://www.turismed.com/salamanca/lasvegas/lasvegas.htm

After some extensive www.Google.com searching, I was ONLY able to find Hostal Las Vegas with an website. Good luck!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments