Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4166 - 05/06/02 09:14 PM HOSTAL BUENOS AIRES
QUIKTDR Offline

Loc: NEW YORK
I have booked my family at above. We are all adults. Any info will be appreciated. Are hostals suitable for famillies or solely for students and kids?

#4167 - 05/06/02 09:31 PM Re: HOSTAL BUENOS AIRES
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
(are you ready??)
Good question, QUIKTDR! But I have a question for you. WHERE in the world (or in Spain, I suppose) is Hostal Buenos Aires????? confused

But to answer your question, as I wrote on my hostels page :
Quote:
What is a hostel/hostal? Hostels are usually very quaint (small), family owned and operated hotels and can be found in some of the most historical, interesting, and active parts of Madrid at very good prices.
In fact, the fine folks at Hostal López in Madrid were telling me just last month that their average patron was in their 40s! I was surprised! While I chatted with them on the sofa in the reception area, people of all ages came and went.

Just to be clear, don't confuse hostels (called "hostales" in Spain/Spanish) with YOUTH-hostels (called "Albergue Juveniles" in Spain/Spanish). This is a comment misconception by English speakers.

But truthfully, I don't think many children stay at hostels. Seems to be that families more typically stay in real hotels.. I'm not really sure why other than the fact that there is more for children to do in hotels (pool, game room, etcetera) whereas in hostels you only have your room, the hall, the stairway, and the reception area and that's it. It's very basic lodging.

But regarding Hostal Buenos Aires, please tell us where it is, maybe even the address, and hopefully we can give you some feedback. Also, have you tried the SEARCH link above/right yet to see if anyone has posted something on them already? It's a powerful, rarely-used tool here on the message board. wink

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4168 - 05/07/02 08:21 AM Re: HOSTAL BUENOS AIRES
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
QUIKTDR

Here is some info gathered from doing the above mentioned 'search'(it's such a tiny little word hidden top right of the page frown and I know a lot of people miss it)

Hostal Bueno Aires

Hope it helps. laugh

Jo

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments