Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41596 - 09/14/03 10:30 AM HELP finding work in Spain!
aeking3 Offline

Loc: U.S.A
Hey guys! I know this may sound crazy but looking to move to Spain and have no job offers! If you have any advice on how to go about would be great! I feel that once I get there it will be so much easier to find a job and get an apartment! I have gone to www.segundomano.es ....american womens club web site and done a lot of research and just am having no luck! Please if you have any suggestions let me know. aeking3@hotmail.com

-A GRACIAS!

#41597 - 09/14/03 01:11 PM Re: HELP finding work in Spain!
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
You've got quite of bit of research to do. You need to go to the Spanish Consulate website to determine which type of visa you need to apply for. Keep in mind that you must apply for a work visa in the US, so if you go to Spain looking for work, you will have to come back to apply for your visa AFTER you have found a job. Do a search on this board and you will find many threads discussing the issue. Bear in mind that the rules for Americans are different than rules for Europeans. Good luck!

#41598 - 09/14/03 05:11 PM Re: HELP finding work in Spain!
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Answers to a few critical questions might point us in the right direction of helping you.

1) What is your educational background/skills?
2) What sort of job are you looking for?
3) Do you speak Spanish? If so, at what level? Do you speak any other languages?
4) Are you legal to work in Spain? Do you have the correct visa/papers in line?
5) What is your reason for moving to Spain? (being transferred with husband? life adventure?, etc.)
6) Have you tried networking with your contacts in the States?
6) How long do you plan to be here?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments