Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#41474 - 04/21/03 07:34 PM Re: Spanish Nationality
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Thanks Espe3,

All I want is to live in Spain for a few years as a retired person. There is so much to see that it would take me a few years to see it. That special visa may be what I need, since I will have my pension and I will not need to work.

Now, I have to decide where to live that is reasonable, and close to a good transportation hub!

You know about Miami! I am still waiting for a brochure that I ordered in November, 2001! laugh They're too busy, I guess. But I will contact New York instead.
Thanks,

#41475 - 04/21/03 07:59 PM Re: Spanish Nationality
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Espe3: MIL is US-born, but Aitatxi is Spanish-Basque, so we could go that route. We have boatloads of family that never loaded the boat, so have a good family network still in Spain, too.

As for me, I'm fine being a US citizen, and never would consider renouncing my citizenship...I'm not sure that was the original intent of this thread. I do consider, on a daily basis, my options for living/working in Spain, though. The opportunity to have my cake and eat it too sounds delicious...

My wife even said that she'd dual if it meant an extra opportunity. Anyone familiar with the reciprocity/dual-citizenship policies of the US and Spain? I understand that Spain doesn't mind, but the US does. Is that so?

#41476 - 04/21/03 09:33 PM Re: Spanish Nationality
Espe3 Offline

Cali, write me in private I'll explain. There is no dual citizenship... it takes some explaining... and who is Ataixi?

And booklady, no, they're NOT too busy! They're too 'busy' sitting around with their thumbs up you know where! The only thing that keeps them busy is not doing their work and then looking for excuses to explain why they don't do anything! mad

#41477 - 05/01/03 07:26 PM Re: Spanish Nationality
Amanda Panda Offline

Loc: Tallahassee, FL USA
How big is the risk I am taking by going to Spain to work at an English summer camp under the table for two months?
Am I putting myself at risk of being arrested?
I am a little nervous but I really want to live in Spain, the only way I can afford it is to work. Somebody please help a hopeless American
Amanda

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments