Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41416 - 02/16/03 03:21 PM Working as a Student
Serena Offline

Loc: Florida
Hi I am a student that will be studying abroad in Madrid starting next month. I was curious to know if it is at all possible to work part-time while spending a semester abroad. I know that since I am not not a citizen of Spain there would be a lot of paperwork involved... but I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what I'd have to do? Thank you!

#41417 - 02/16/03 06:01 PM Re: Working as a Student
Espe3 Offline

Not only is there alot of paperwork involved, but as a student, your most likely option would be to teach english. Even giving conversation classes.

Just as foreign students going to the US to study have a hard time getting something part time unless its a part of the program, your chances are slim to none.

I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic. Check out other posts that have to do with working (everything from student to professional is discussed!)

Good luck!

#41418 - 02/16/03 06:31 PM Re: Working as a Student
Serena Offline

Thank you for the heads up. That's what I thought, but I thought I'd ask someone just to make sure. I'm gonna take that semester to relax and see the sights anyways. I'm working hard now so I'll just save up so that I don't have to worry about that. Thanks again!

#41419 - 02/17/03 12:36 PM Re: Working as a Student
Val Offline

Loc: Madrid
If you really want to work, on Calle Miguel Angel there is an American Institute where there is a bulliten board and you could offer to give classes in English to kids and babysit in English. There is a lot of demand for that and it pays pretty well. Also, you can advertise for this in In Madrid and The Broadsheet (free magazines in English) and you'll get some part time work for sure.

Good luck!

#41420 - 02/17/03 10:30 PM Re: Working as a Student
Serena Offline

Thank you, that is really very helpful. I will keep that in mind and look into it as soon as I get over there if I feel that I need to have some income of some kind while I'm abroad. Thanx!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 929 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments