Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41355 - 11/12/02 07:13 PM Acting work in Madrid / Spain.
Madrid Insider Offline

Loc: Madrid
I am an experienced SAG (Screen Actor Guild) / AFTRA Actor, who has been in Madrid, Spain for about one year now. I registered with the "Cineguia" and made the rounds dropping off headshots and resumes to all of the top talent agencies in Madrid. I also visited the "Union de Actores". Since being here I have gone on several auditions and made one TV commercial.
I would like information from anyone who has suggestions / advice and I would like to share my experience / advice with anyone who is interested in acting in Madrid / Spain.
www.spainstorage.com
Short & long term storage for your stuff in the center of Spain with optional pick up & delivery services.

#41356 - 11/13/02 04:41 AM Re: Acting work in Madrid / Spain.
Val Offline

Hi,

I cannot claim to be of much help as I work in business! However, in Madrid there is an English amateur theatre group (Madridplayers.org). Perhaps this is a way to keep active and meet others in your situation until you get more paid work.
They also have workshops, maybe you could teach one?! I plan to sign up my 6 year old for the kid's workshops.
Circulo de Bellas Artes also has lots of theatre stuff going on (Calle Alcala) including kids and adults workshops.
Good luck!

#41357 - 11/14/02 11:53 AM Re: Acting work in Madrid / Spain.
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
There's a film studio opposite my house. Try them? www.mundostudios.com/ smile

#41358 - 11/14/02 08:56 PM Re: Acting work in Madrid / Spain.
Madrid Insider Offline

I have tried contacting the Madrid Players several times, but all unsuccefully, with not even an email response. I have even tried contacting them before I got to Madrid, but got no response. If anyone out there knows the straight poop on Madrid Players and who you need to contact to get through to them, please let me know.
Anyway, there are a lot of acting/teaching jobs out there for people who like to perform for the kiddies, but unfortunately for me I am a big Italian-American Mafioso/Bodyguard action actor who does not quite fit that bill (www.roccosalata.cjb.net).
The best I can do is give my headshots & resumes out to people and make the rounds reminding them that I am still here in Madrid.
Ultimately I will meet the right agent, director, or producer who will see that I am just what they have been looking for all along and offer me a good part. Until then, I will just keep plugging away.
www.spainstorage.com
Short & long term storage for your stuff in the center of Spain with optional pick up & delivery services.

#41359 - 11/15/02 12:33 AM Re: Acting work in Madrid / Spain.
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I mean for this to be inquisitive, hopefully not insulting Madridinsider, but if you are american and you want to be an actor, wouldn't your best bet be in LA or NYC?

#41360 - 11/15/02 08:53 AM Re: Acting work in Madrid / Spain.
Val Offline

Hi again,

I got a response to my email regarding kid's workshops from Madrid Players. Also, if you look in the website: www.madridplayers.org it mentions that they have a clubhouse and hold meetings and workshops there. If I were you, I'd try going to the clubhouse whenever there's a workshop or meeting and asking if you can join!

Let us know how it goes and good luck!

They will be doing a Christmas Pantomine for kids soon and are probably busy with the rehearsals.

P.S. The phone number stated is: 91 564 5701. It seems to be someone's home, maybe home in the evening? I got only an answering machine.

#41361 - 11/15/02 02:45 PM Re: Acting work in Madrid / Spain.
Madrid Insider Offline

mencey, I have worked for the last 5 years or so in Los Angeles and began travelling for a change of pace. I got stuck in a bit of a rut and wanted to see what other possibilities were out there. Yes. You are right. If you want to persue a career in acting, you should go to LA for Film/TV and New York for Theater/Stage. There are other places you can go, but if you are not super skilled/confident or specifically what they are looking for you will find it a lot more difficult.
Spain is up and coming in the film industry and if I can get introduced to the right person, everything else will work out fine. I just need to wait and see when this happens.
Val, thanks, I will try to stop by one of the workshops to see if I can speak with a Madrid Player.

Oh. By the way... I just got my second official acting gig in Spain. I will be appearing as the doctor delivering the baby in the 2003 "Loteria del Niño" campaign.
www.spainstorage.com

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments