Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#40813 - 01/11/02 12:37 AM 90 DAY TOURIST VISA!?
Rocinante Offline

Loc: N. Redondo Beach, CA
I know a tourist visa is only good for 90 days. Up to this point everyone has told me that I simply need to leave Spain and come back within that time to renew it; a weekend trip to France would suffice.

BUT...today a Uraguyan told me that he thinks I have to go to a country OUTSIDE the European Union for this to count. frown

Can anyone confirm this? confused If indeed true, as far as I know Switzerland is not part of the E.U. (unless Spain has some special deal worked out with them in this regard), and Morroco is not far at all. These seem the logical places to spend a weekend and renew my passport on the way back. cool

#40814 - 01/11/02 04:13 AM Re: 90 DAY TOURIST VISA!?
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Rocinante, what your Uruguayan friend said, I believe is true, you need to go to a country outside the European Union. However, I would not necessarily recommend traveling to Morrocco alone, particularly as a single woman. In addition, Morroccan and Spanish relations are a bit strained at the present moment.

However, you can find cheap flights to the USA if you really look. I am considering a quick trip home in March because I found a flight round trip from Madrid to NYC (JFK) for $250.

Switzerland is not part of the EU, but I am not sure of any "special deal" that they may have worked out with the Spanish gov´t.

Good luck!

#40815 - 01/13/02 06:17 PM Re: 90 DAY TOURIST VISA!?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Rocinante!
You might find the thread " Residence Visas " enlightening in your situation.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments