Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#40581 - 05/07/01 12:32 PM Re: Opening bar/café in Madrid. Ideas?
Zzeus11 Offline

Hi Let Loose London,

I strongly second the opinion of Wolfgang.
Just as an example ,I have raised money for several ventures,from private sources,venture capitalists,even some public money,here in states as well as in EU countries,and and can tell you that well prepared busines plan is a must.Include at least 2 years cash flow projections,5 years proforma projection (europeans like pro forma as opposed to cashflow)and vision for expansion,or proper exit oppurtunities for investors,like Wolfgang mentioned.
European investors part with their money easier once they understand your vision,(and think its good),americans are harder to convince ,but have more dollars and a lot more to offer in terms of management skills,pr- or marketing experience,and once on board ,are easier to deal with. Most of the time US investors are tough but fair.Lastly,do not accept any offers for investment without consulting with,prefarably,a very good lawyer.
Actually one more thing. Think carefully what you are about to propose to investors,because if you are succesful in raising funds,you are going to have to
live with this deal . Make sure you are happy with it!!

Good luck,
Zzeus11

#40582 - 05/07/01 02:35 PM Re: Opening bar/café in Madrid. Ideas?
let loose london Offline

Loc: London/ Madrid
again, many thanks for the advice and encouragement!

I will have had some positive interest from UK investors who are looking for a venture that won't cost them the earth. The properties in Madrid I have veiwed are suitable and by UK/ US city standards - cheap.

I'll keep you all informed as to the progress - as I've been approached by the BBC (ex-employee) for a little documentary around the venture, It will hopefully be entertaining too!

Regards, Matt

#40583 - 05/11/01 04:55 PM Re: Opening bar/café in Madrid. Ideas?
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
Hi Let Loose. Well, I see that you have had loads of responses but nobody to suggest a "Local" (storefront) so here goes. I live here in Madrid as of almost 5 yrs ago and about 5 months ago, I saw a rather large place go up for rent/sale. It is on the Calle Segovia just south of the Plaza Mayor, on the corner of the Plaza de Puertacerrada and Calle Segovia. It goes right through form the Calle Segovia to the Calle Sacramento. It has not been snatched up so I assume they are asking an arme and a leg but ya never know. That area is hopppin at nigh (both Spaniards and Foreigners alike). Anyway, if you want me to get the phone #, just e-mail me and I will pass by for I live in the Plaza Mayor and it is a stones throw from here. Also, whatever you end up opening, keep in touch, I have some connections here that could help you out in the Marketing area. wink

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments