Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4042 - 04/16/02 10:25 PM Check out of Hostales...times??
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I am staying in a Hostal this summer, hopefully Hostal Martin . Anyways, my departure flight out of Madrid leaves VERY early and I will need to leave the hostal around 5:00 in the morning. Will I be able to checkout this early? Is there some sort of, "night before" procedure? Should we just spend the night before in the airport? eek

#4043 - 04/16/02 10:28 PM Re: Check out of Hostales...times??
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hey, Kelar...

I'm interested in the answer to this post, too. My flight back home to Chicago is at 6:30 a.m. so I plan on being at the Barajas Airport by 4:30 or so. Have you decided on how to get to the airport?
If not, may I make a suggestion?

Look at Aerocity and book an airport shuttle with them. That's what I plan on doing...it seems easy and relatively inexpensive even just for one person. Look at their website at www.aerocity.com
I think that is what it is...

Good luck!
Wyndyl wink

#4044 - 04/16/02 10:44 PM Re: Check out of Hostales...times??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Check out time at most hostels (called "hostales" in Spanish) is usually before 11am. If you're leaving this early be sure you have told the owners/reception person the night before. You'll likely simply leave the key on the table inside your own room and just leave. Besides, you'll have already paid upon arriving.

If curious about Hostal Martín specifically, send Jesús an email and ask.

I wouldn't spend the night at the airport if I were you. You'll be glad to have slept in a bed for those last 5 hours in Madrid instead of in a chair at the airport. It's worth what little you'll pay to have a pillow under your head. You can sleep on the plane. That's what I always say. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4045 - 04/17/02 03:16 AM Re: Check out of Hostales...times??
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
This is an interesting one, and I will be interested to hear how you get round it.

However, MM, I have never paid upfront at a Hostal, only upon leaving, and this includes at Hostal Martin. But I'm sure Jesus and his brother(?) will do whatever is necessary to help you. I bet you'll just pay the night before, then as MM says, leave the keys in the room and go.

Wyndy - you wont regret using Aeorcity. They were fantastic when we used them. Especially for an early morning start - very reassuring.

Jo

#4046 - 04/17/02 10:54 AM Re: Check out of Hostales...times??
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Jo, smile

As soon as my lodging situation is secure,I will email Aerocity and make my appointment...I have NO intention of sleeping in the airport eek (barring hell or highwater, of course!). I've done that in Manila...that was not fun!

I must say, that you're starting to look a bit like Antonio, there!...I read the bit about Burgos wink

Wyndyl

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments