Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#40369 - 11/21/00 01:51 PM pros-n-cons of establishing transport business in SPAIN with US$ 150,000
casgl_68 Offline

Loc: Punjab,Pakistan
hello ppl out there!
as u ppl r out there, therefore i feel bold enough to ask you the procedures regarding establishing a transport business i.e.,taxi,commuter vans/buses on local and inter-city routes in SPAIN , with an initial investment of US$ 150,000. please tell me the future of transport business in SPAIN & the legalities to met with prior to starting such ventures there.also please deliver informations about the leasing/financing facilities extended by the local & foreign Bank Branches there in Spain. Also you ppl out there guide me in contacting the right person/authorities there who can be a help, in establishing the business there and the procedure of applying for the business visa, and the option to import manpower from abroad too.
Presently I am serving in a management position and a friend of mine has capital enough to invest abroad; especially in the field of transportation as he is doing the same business here(having a fleet of almost 30 commuters being plied on inter-city routes)and wants to wind up his business from Pakistan and immigrate abroad. And being illetrate he intends to take me with him as a partner.
please help us by giving web-addresses of the english sites offering assistance/guidance/counselling/expertise on the subject.

we`ll be much obliged.

hoping to see an urgent response from the MADRIDMAN & his faculty!
Aamir

#40370 - 11/21/00 06:11 PM Re: pros-n-cons of establishing transport business in SPAIN with US$ 150,000
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I know very little about the subject but I guess it must be really difficult to start a new business on such a field. You have to get a license to operate a route and, most of the times, there is already another company doing the same.

Hope someone can give you more information. Good luck, anyway.

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#40371 - 11/22/00 12:00 AM Re: pros-n-cons of establishing transport business in SPAIN with US$ 150,000
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
casgl_68, I would accept Antonio's assessment on the business venture. Licenses, permits, and start-up costs (not to mention daily operating costs -- MUCH higher than in the US) could be incredible.

By the way, you'll want to change your profile information. You've entered an email address of @yahoo.com.uk when it is @yahoo.co.uk . Everytime someone replies to your postings the notice intended for you that someone has done so gets kicked back to the website administrator; me. Thanks for making this correction and best of luck to you with your venture! If you need anyone to help with operations once you're started in Spain I can think of about 600 people (registered here) who would jump at the chance to get a work visa.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#40372 - 11/28/00 10:26 AM Re: pros-n-cons of establishing transport business in SPAIN with US$ 150,000
casgl_68 Offline

Loc: Punjab,Pakistan
well! as u two are of the same views upon my request, therefore, I`ve decided to switch over to another request that what business can be done there with intial investment of 100,000.00 US $.do help me if u ppl can!
bye!
casgl_68

#40373 - 11/28/00 03:33 PM Re: pros-n-cons of establishing transport business in SPAIN with US$ 150,000
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
Casgl_68, You might want to try the Spanish consulate. I believe that they would be able to give you more information and may possibly help you find other contacts in Spain.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments