Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4023 - 04/15/02 03:21 PM Lisbon Lodging/Night Train
Lynne804 Offline

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Hello. This summer my adult son and I will be in Spain and Portugal in August. We plan to ride the overnight train from Madrid to Lisbon, then spend two days (one night) in Lisbon and return to Madrid on the overnight train.
1-How do I make reservations to get a sleeping compartment on the night train from Madrid to Lisbon?
2-Any suggestions for lodging for one night in Lisbon? Thanks!

#4024 - 04/16/02 05:37 AM Re: Lisbon Lodging/Night Train
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Lynne804 writes:
Quote:
1-How do I make reservations to get a sleeping compartment on the night train from Madrid to Lisbon?
2-Any suggestions for lodging for one night in Lisbon? Thanks!
Go to the Renfe Office in Madrid's Aeropuerto de Barajas when you arrive. As you come out of the International arrivals area, they're to your right about 50m just past the escalator. They acccept credit cards.
Lisbon lodging: e-mail my friend Carlos Ferreira at Restrela@esoterica.pt Centrally located, clean, comfortable and cheap! cool
IMHO
If it was me, I wouldn't book that overnight Lusitania Express train until I had first 'checked out' what kind of specials Spanair was running. Sometimes they are cheaper than the train. rolleyes

#4025 - 04/16/02 10:47 AM Re: Lisbon Lodging/Night Train
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Also check out www.europebyair.com . The most it should cost you is $198 each round trip, and maybe less. And if you pay with American Express, it's 10% cheaper. But, 2 nights in Lisbon is not nearly enough!! You don't say how much time you have, but you simply must go to Sintra, which is an easy day trip from Lisbon. (See Sintra even if you don't have more than 2 days). Sintra will be a highlight of any Spain/Portugal trip. They have amazing castles and Palaces there--and a beautiful town.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments