Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4018 - 04/15/02 11:13 AM reconfirming hostal reservations
Xacara Offline

I'm having pre-trip worry--I've read several accounts of hostals not having your reservation when you arrive, even if you already put a deposit down. Is it a good idea, then, to reconfirm before you arrive to make sure your reservation is still being held and not "lost"?

#4019 - 04/15/02 11:21 AM Re: reconfirming hostal reservations
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
YES! I always recommend REconfirming the room about 1 week before arriving either by email or a telephone. It does happen sometimes that reservations are lost. Also, if you arrive later than you originally said (and don't call) they almost always release the room to the first person to arrive. Keep in mind that most hostels keep their reservations in a reservation booklet written in pencil -- you rarely find reservations being kept on computer.

Good luck and DO REconfirm those hostel reservations!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments