Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#40156 - 06/28/00 07:17 AM how 2 find a job 4 a professional in spain?
anatolia Offline

Loc: thessaloniki/macedonia/greece
Hola, chicos! i am very glad i found your page today! I'll be very breif and say the following : I'm greek,26, have graduated the Moscow State University of Foreign Affairs, International Information sector, Public Relations field. My languages are:russian, spanish,greek and english. i have a dream - go live and work in Spain,but I have no idea where can I turn to in order to find a good job. I have tried out all those agencies - just a waiste of time and money. I work in a greek Holding of companies,but since nothing here is related to the country of my heart and the most beautiful language I speak, I got bored and sad already. Wow! Was I saying something about beeing breif?! Ok,so the headline of my message is - HELP ME, if you please!
Muchas gracias!
Anatolia

#40157 - 07/13/00 10:22 PM Re: how 2 find a job 4 a professional in spain?
pepita Offline

Loc: Miami, Florida
Anatolia-
With so many languages, why not trying to get a job with an airline (Iberia, Spanair, Air Europa, as well as Continental, US Airways and TWA I believe all have offices in Madrid). Amadeus Global Travel Distribution is also a Madrid based company that I believe is always looking for people who speak English.
Buena Suerte!

#40158 - 07/14/00 03:21 AM Re: how 2 find a job 4 a professional in spain?
anatolia Offline

I want to say a big Thank You to Pepita! That is a really bright idea and I will try it soon. But I wonder if my greek passport will somehow affect my job seeking in Madrid. I had big problems with that in Russia. However I will let everyone know the results of my search. And, hey, I will travel to Spain at the end of this month!

#40159 - 07/24/00 10:13 AM Re: how 2 find a job 4 a professional in spain?
Mr. International Offline

Loc: Denmark - Scandinavia
Hi

Your greek passport wont give you any trouble in Spain, remember Greece and Spain are members of the EU.

But the unemployment rate in Spain !! You are lucky if you find anything decent.

Good luck

#40160 - 07/25/00 01:33 AM Re: how 2 find a job 4 a professional in spain?
cindyvalerio Offline

Loc: los angles, ca usa
I work for PRIMERICA and they are a part of CITIGROUP and are in Spain this month. looking for sharp people like yourself, no experience necessary but just a desire to do something great with their life. They are the largest financial services company in the world and they need people like you! Would you like more info?

#40161 - 07/25/00 07:06 AM Re: how 2 find a job 4 a professional in spain?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi cindyvalerio! YES!! Please give us a short description about that which you propose and those who are more interested can email you. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#40162 - 07/26/00 04:50 AM Re: how 2 find a job 4 a professional in spain?
anatolia Offline

Hi again! Thank You all for beeing so nice and helpful, chicos! I would be grateful to You for any suggestions You have on my problem and I am interested in any offer right now. Please, let me, and others of course, know more details on job offers in Spain! Muchas gracias! Hasta pronto!

#40163 - 07/26/00 12:02 PM Re: how 2 find a job 4 a professional in spain?
fnavarro Offline

Loc: Madrid
Almost 1 year ago, while I was in the US. I got this email from someone called Da Vinci, working from Primerica he said, and asking me if I was interested in a position in Spain.

Never knew anything from him again.
Just an observation, both this man, and the woman who posted a reply here, they are not using Primerica email addresses, but hotmail/ aol.

FYI

----------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 21:01:55 EDT
To: fnavarro9@yahoo.com

Good Afternoon, Florencio. I am Da Vinci Royal of Primerica. We are
about
to open offices in Spain. Will you be interested when we open up the
offices? Let me know as soon as possible. Thank You and I look
forward to
hearing from you. Just e-mail me back as soon as possible and I will
get
right back to you.

#40164 - 08/03/00 01:07 PM Re: how 2 find a job 4 a professional in spain?
Ena Konjolka Offline

Loc: New York, NY, U.S.
I don't know if I'm doing this correctly, please forgive any errors I'm making...my name is Ena Konjolka. I'm moving to Madrid in September and am interested in finding work there possibly with an English language magazing, journal, or magazine or doing some kind of consultant/writing/editing work, especially for a non-profit. I just received my MA in anthropology and I have a BA in ENglish. I have extensive experience in writing and editing, including grant proposals and conducting research projects. I have worked for a few non-profits in the U.S., inclusding, most recently, a human rights organization. Only problem is my Spanish is very rusty. I don't know if this means my only realistic options are teaching English, or if even that would be difficult with weak Spanish. Any advice or information would be MUCH appreciated. Muchas gracias!! - Ena

#40165 - 08/03/00 01:08 PM Re: how 2 find a job 4 a professional in spain?
Ena Konjolka Offline

Loc: New York, NY, U.S.
Lo siento, I meant to put a happy face, not an angry one!! - ena

#40166 - 08/03/00 02:35 PM Re: how 2 find a job 4 a professional in spain?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello Ena! I'm glad you took my email invitation (to your email) to visit MadridMan's Message Board to help your job search. I hope some might have suggestions, but you may want to first read through the other threads in this forum. There's LOTS of information there. Your first priority should be learning how to obtain a work visa and not just looking for a job. As I told you in the email, "Just going with hopes of finding a job" is extremely difficult and will most find yourself disappointed in the end. Prepare yourself for a true journey and arm yourself with information to improve your chances. Best of luck!

Sincerely, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#40167 - 08/10/00 01:24 AM Re: how 2 find a job 4 a professional in spain?
Rubia66 Offline

Loc: Webb City, Missouri USA
Did anyone ever get any information on the Citicorp positions?
I am slowly considering a move to Spain as a career choice, my youngest is 10, and I will probably not do anything until he is out of school, unless ofcourse, the right job presents itself.
I too have a degree, in Foreign Language (Spanish, hah, big surprise!) you would think there would be a huge demand for such a skill in Missouri!

#40168 - 09/02/00 02:15 PM Re: how 2 find a job 4 a professional in spain?
cjl Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hi all job-seekers,

I've just finished a six month job search in Europe and landed a position with Lucent Technologies in Tres Cantos (Madrid). A few suggestions for looking for a job in Europe, thus Spain.

1. Forget statistics! Umemployment is high in Spain, but that is not universal to all industries. Hi-Tech firms can't get enough people! Hewlett Packard in Barcelona is constantly looking for people. Let the companies turn you down...you don't need to do it for them.

2. Use the net..and headhunters..even if you don't have a lot of experience. The best websites I've found to post resumes and get results: www.monster.com www.headhunters.net
(Check if Spain has its own Monster site.) www.emdsnet.com is excellent for those younger professionals with up to 5 years experience! They also sponsor job fairs in Iberia and Europe in general...Hewlett Packard, Lucent and others are very active participants.

3. Mention to anyone you meet in strange way that you are looking to work in Spain. I got two interviews in Southern Europe by simply speaking to the person next to me in the plane on my way to an interview in London. The world works in mysterious ways!

Good luck!!!
cjl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments