Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3974 - 04/09/02 06:45 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martín,Chelo,Cervantes?
Guapetona Offline

hi juan,

i don't know anything about the history..sorry! certainly wasn't dusty..not by a longshot!! i can tell you that i looooved this hostal. i was there last month so i have first hand knowledge of Hostal Macarena. i was just offering up my personal experience from having stayed there..apologies for sounding poetic!! maybe thats just the kind of girl i am wink laugh

#3975 - 04/11/02 05:52 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martín,Chelo,Cervantes?
juan Offline

Hey, Guapita, you can wax poetic anytime; much better than waxing prosaic!

Do you by any chance have an email address for Hostal la Macarena? I'm anxious to reserve bec. I'll be there May 15-18 (Fiestas de San Isidro) and it may fill up...

Thanks,

Juan

#3976 - 04/11/02 06:49 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martín,Chelo,Cervantes?
Guapetona Offline

juan,

they don't have their website or email up yet...at least that's what they told me when i was there. i would just call or fax:

Hostal La Macarena
Cava de San Miguel 8,
28005 Madrid,
Phone: 365 92 21
Fax: 364 27 57

there's a young man named jose gonzalez from galicia who speaks english that works until 8 PM. it sounds like you speak spanish from your name..so sorry if this is extraneous.. smile

#3977 - 04/11/02 08:13 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martín,Chelo,Cervantes?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hostal La Macarena does not yet have a website or (probably) email either. But I'm sure they're working on that.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3978 - 04/14/02 05:52 AM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martín,Chelo,Cervantes?
leonardo17 Offline

Loc: Dortmund/Germany
Hostal La Macarena - I stayed there more than 10 times and it was very good everytime.
I can highly recommend it. The owner is Ricardo Gonzalez. He is also the owner of the nice Hostal Sil in Calle Fuencarral.
Saludos
WBoeving

#3979 - 04/22/02 07:54 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martín,Chelo,Cervantes?
juan Offline

Thank you all for the great recs. on Hostal la Macarena. We're staying there in mid-May.

#3980 - 04/22/02 08:53 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martín,Chelo,Cervantes?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Juan, will you please return here and tell us about your experience at Hostal La Macarena? Thanks!!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3981 - 04/23/02 05:25 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martín,Chelo,Cervantes?
Xacara Offline

So . . . I should assume by reading all this correspondence that the system for Hostal Cervelo (where I have a reservation) will be the same as for Hostal Martin . . . although the Web site says that credit cards are accepted, in reality it's only for an initial reservation, and that payment must be in cash? Yes?

#3982 - 04/23/02 07:44 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martín,Chelo,Cervantes?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Xacara, you're in luck. At the moment of this posting I was able to contact Carlos, the night person at "command central" of the two hostels via ICQ. He said that yes, both hostels accept credit cards. (my goodness. The marvels of modern technology, eh? How in-the-moment and how connected we can be!)

#3983 - 04/23/02 09:10 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martín,Chelo,Cervantes?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
So I don't have to pay in cash???? That would be great! cool

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments