MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3956 - 04/16/02 05:47 AM Re: Hostales for solo travel
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
sgerene, hostels (called "hostales" in Spainsh as you already know) in Spain aren't really known for being places to meet young people although it is possible. I was talking to the owners of Hostal López a few weeks ago and they told me the average age was in the 40s. I was surprised to hear this, but apparently people of all ages still want value for their money, preferring to spend more on things to do/see than where they sleep. It's logical.

To meet young people, you might want to instead consider a youth-hostel. I don't really recommend youth-hostels (called "albergue juveniles") because while you'll meet more young people, it's not always comfortable sleeping in a room with several people whom you don't know and there's always the issue of security/safety of your things while you're sleeping or out and about seeing the sites.

You might do better to stay in a hostel (called "hostal") and then go places to meet young people. Good luck and have a wonderful traveling sola throughout Spain!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3957 - 04/17/02 03:32 PM Re: Hostales for solo travel
sgerene Offline

Loc: Corpus Christi, TX
JEN-
I would love to talk more - where and what do you teach in Houston? is there anyway i could get your email to get more info from you?
thanks,
sara

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments