Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#39255 - 08/28/04 11:18 AM Dead in Madrid: 1 American, 1 East. European in car/bus accident
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Just read in one of Spain's daily newspapers (in Spanish), ABC , that 1 United Statesen man and 1 Eastern European woman died in a car accident with a bus where 26 were injured.

The accident took place on Madrid's Carretera de
Extremadura (N-V), on the southwest side outside of the city.

The article, in Spanish (then English) is as follows:

Dos muertos y 26 heridos al colisionar un autobús y un turismo en la N-V
Madrid.

Dos personas han muerto y al menos otras
26 han resultado heridas en un accidente de tráfico en el que se han visto implicados un autobús y un turismo, en la carretera de
Extremadura (N-V), sentido Madrid, informaron a Efe fuentes de la Dirección General de Tráfico (DGT) y de emergencias 112.

Los fallecidos son un varón de 37 años y de nacionalidad estadounidense y una mujer de 27 años y originaria de Europa del Este, y cuyo marido ha resultado herido leve en el siniestro, según un portavoz de los servicios de emergencias 112.

Entre los atendidos hay cuatro personas de carácter grave, según los servicios del 112, que precisaron que la cifra final de heridos
podría ser mayor de 26 ya que varios automovilistas recogieron a
algunas personas para trasladarlas a centros asistenciales de la
Comunidad de Madrid.

El accidente, según las fuentes, se registró hacia las 5,30 horas en el kilómetro 27 de la citada vía, con una colisión por alcance entre un turismo y un autobús, matrícula de Badajoz, que volcó sobre la calzada. La carretera ha quedado cortada en sentido Madrid y se han habilitado desvíos alternativos.
===============================
"Auto-Translated" article:

Two dead persons and 26 injured al to collide a bus and a tourism in the N-V
Madrid.

Two persons have died and al except other 26 they have turned out injured in an accident of traffic in which have been seen implied a bus and a tourism, in the highway of Extremadura (N-V),
sense Madrid, they informed Efe sources of the General Direction of Traffic (DGT) and of emergencies 112.

Them passed away are a male of 37 years and of American nationality and a woman of 27 years and native of Europe of the east, and whose husband has turned out injured light in the sinister one, according to a spokesman of the services of emergencies 112.

Among them they attended there are four persons of serious character, according to the services of the 112, that they needed that the final figure of injured could be over 26 since various
motorists collected some persons to transfer them to welfare centers of the Community of Madrid.

The accident, according to the sources, was registered toward the 5,30 hours in the kilometer 27 of it cited way, with a collision by reach among a tourism and a bus, registration of Badajoz, that overturned on it worn. The highway has remained cut in sense Madrid and alternative bypasses have been authorized.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#39256 - 08/29/04 10:39 AM Re: Dead in Madrid: 1 American, 1 East. European in car/bus accident
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Anyone hear anything more about this??

(UPDATE: The below mentioned person who sent the email has just registered and posted their own want in this forum. PLEASE see their posting " Madrid: Info request on accident south of Madrid ")

I JUST received a sad email from the sister of the male victim of the USA. Under the circumstances, I don't think he'd mind my quoting his email - but with her name removed:
Quote:

Hello. My name is (J. J.), I'm from Duluth MN. I found your site through a news link at 3 am this morning. I was searching for information about a crash involving a tour bus and vehicle that occurred about 20km south of Madrid, on sat. aug. 28, about 6am. The driver of the vehicle that died was my brother. He was a US Army Warrent Officer who had just arrived this month to his new duty station in Madrid. He was responsible for building the Army CASH unit hospitals in Bagdad, and Afganistan during both conflics. My point is, he survived the danger of two wars to be killed in a car accident? I'm having trouble finding anything on the net in english, that has as much info as www.telemadrid.es , which is in spanish. I have no means of translation from my computer. Although the US Army has provided all the information they have to date, details are still limmited from them, where as telemadrid may have more. Could you PLEASE pass along any links on the net to any english sites, or pass my e-maill address to any persons in madrid who my have any info, reporters, friends siticzens. We are desperate to know what happened. Any info or contact for lac of info, anything at all, if you could take the time to respond, would be appreciated more than words could describe. Thank You. Sincerely, (J.J.), Duluth, Minnesota

I can't seem to find any new, fresh details about it on the net.

Hope you can help.

Saludos, MadridMan frown

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments