Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#39197 - 07/27/04 05:21 PM Re: what is the spanish adward winning ,700000.00euos is true or cheat
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
This is a new variety of the same false award I received today. Be aware that spanish lottery would never contact you by e-mail, nor it gives award to people who has not bought a lottery ticket.

This time they use a reputed company's name (Seguros Santa Lucía) which is legal, but they give you a false hotmail-type e-mail contact address.

-----------------------x----------------------

INTL. LOTTERY COMISSION
CALLE SAN BERNADO
2 5C 28009
MADRID SPAIN.

OF THE PRIZE AWARD DEPARTMENT

REF: NO EG/38807886091/04
BATCH: 340/1608/RDL.

DATE: 27TH June 2004

ATTN: WINNER ,

RE: AWARD NOTIFICATION FINAL NOTICE.

We are pleased to inform you of the release on 28 May, 2004 of the result of
the FLASH FORTUNE LOTTO, Spanish sweepstake lottery Intl promotion. Programs
held on the 28 March 2004.

Your name and email address attached to the ticket number 033-1146993-750
with serial number 1223-05 drew the lucky number 13-15-16-21-34-36 which
consequently won lottery in the 2nd category.

You are therefore been approved for a lump sum of 1.630.810 Euro (One
Million six hundred thirty thousand, eight hundred and ten Euro) in cash
credited to the file N?? EG/38807886091/04, this is from the total cash
prize of 26,898,970.00 (Twenty six million Eight hundred and Ninety eight
thousand,Nine hundred and seventy Euro), shared among the sixteen
international winners including other benefits in this category including
other benefits.

Your fund is now deposited with a security company insured in your name Due
to mixed up of some numbers and names ,we ask that you keep this award top
secrete from public notice until your claims has been processed and your
money remitted to your account as this is part of our security protocol to
avoid double claiming or unwarranted taking of advantage of this program by
participants.

All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from
25,000 names from all over the world as a part of our International
promotion program which we conduct twice every year .We hope with a part of
your prize you will take part in our end of the year high stake US$1.3bn
lottery.

To avoid scam please contact only your assigned agent below. To begin your
claim, please contact our fiducial processing officer below.

The Foreign Service manager of

SANTALUCIA SEGUROS S.A
C/ PRINCIPE DE VERGARA,
49 MADRID-ESPAÑA
TEL :+34 679 75 80 56
FAX: +34 654 18 71 42
EMAIL: SANTALUCIASEGS@latinmail.com

CONTACT PERSON:
MR.MARTINS DAVID VICENTE

He will lead you to your claim agents,for the processing and remittance of
your money to a designated account of your choice. Remember all prize money
must be claimed not later than 2 weeks from the date of this notice after
this date all Funds will be returned to the Ministerio De Economia y
Hacienda as Unclaimed.

Note in order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please quote
your ref .And batch no. in every correspondence with us or your agent.
Further more shall there be any change of address, do please inform your
claims agent as soon as possible.

Congratulations again from all members of staff and thank you for being a
part of our promotions program.

Yours in Service,
ANNA SOÑÑIA SANCHEZ
FOR THE MANAGEMENT

#39198 - 07/30/04 12:59 PM Re: what is the spanish adward winning ,700000.00euos is true or cheat
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
This is a scam! These are people that pose as businesses, charitable groups or contest organizers that buy bulk e-mail and send bogus award winning announcements to scam people of their money. They also send out mail to your homes announcing that you have won their "jackpot". They all tell you the same thing...in order to claim your prize you must send them a "collection or processing fee". No legitimate contest organizer will ask you for fees! These people want you to send them your bank account information, credit card numbers and other personal information in order to steal your money. DO NOT RESPOND! They will tap into your bank accounts and take you money!

Sadly many elderly people fall prey to these con artists, wiping out their life savings.
If you have not entered any legitmate contests then obviously you cannot be a winner!

Unfortunately the police may not be able to do anything at the moment as there has been no crime committed. However they may or should at least keep the information for future problems. These guys may not even be in Spain.

#39199 - 07/30/04 06:41 PM Re: what is the spanish adward winning ,700000.00euos is true or cheat
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
I keep getting letters from Nigeria which try to get my bank information so they can "deposit" various immense amounts of "money" for which I am to be paid as a go-between. I replied to several of them, stating I was a police officer and tried to set up a meeting! These idiots still sent me more! (They never accepted my offer to meet face-to-face!). Unfortunately, now my email box is besieged with this junk. Sheesh!

#39200 - 08/08/04 11:07 PM Re: what is the spanish adward winning ,700000.00euos is true or cheat
kingofchn Offline

Loc: madrid
Dear Spanish friend :
It is another letter for spanish award winning with International offshore trust bank and its Madrid bank director Dr Matilda Williams . Please read it .
Hello, Dear Feng, i am Marcela, from Republic of Moldova.I am writing you now, after i read your letters from Matilda Williams,from the Lotteria of Spain, that you published them in the Benmize forum,where you registred on 23 july 2004.

The reason of writing you is that i am in the same situation : i recieved the same letters from them,like you have showed to the forum.The only thing is that i' ve send them 10054 euros, and now , after i' ve read the comments from the forum, i don't think that i will ever recieve my money back.

I am a very poor person, as i belived in them , and i sold my flat to send them those comissions.I am also a teacher,like you,(i have over 40 years) , and a am a very sincerily person, belive me.My husband died few months ago, and i hoped that , this prize will be for me a reliving...but it wasn't so...Now i leave with my 2 dauthers ,in my friend's hause, and i am really dispered.

So, by this letter,i would like to ask you ,if you know something more about this ilegal organization,becouse, here, in Moldova the informations are very small, and ,i don' t know very well english.

If you would know, how much i' ve suffered becouse of that, how much money a' ve spend on calling them on mobile, from here,how much i' ve implored them to be more understanding with me, and to help me somehow to pay the money for me, and than i would give them back everything, and so on...

I hope you understood me, becouse i do not want to suffer enymore, and, meybe somehow, we can cooperate in this situation, of course if you want...I can send you some of their last letters ,that Matilda send to me:

Dear Boboc Marcela,
When you send the money then inform us.

--
Dr. Matilda Williams
Office of the Branch Director
International Offshore Trust
www.internationaloffshoretrust.com
Mail:matil@internationaloffshoretrust.com
Efax: +14-197-814-451
Fax :+34 655 373 965
TEL : +34 655 373 962
--

matil@internationaloffshoretrust.com <matil@internationaloffshoretrust.com>
add to contacts l block address l add to junk senders l add to white list
To: Ana Emanuella <afrodita_site@mail.md>
Cc:
Date: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 09:44 am
Subject: Re: Hello

Dear Boboc Marcela,
You can contact Mr Jose Ramon your claims agent on this number 0034 625 251 814

--
Dr. Matilda Williams
Office of the Branch Director
International Offshore Trust
www.internationaloffshoretrust.com
Mail:matil@internationaloffshoretrust.com
Efax: +14-197-814-451
TEL : +34 666 317 796
--

P.S : my mail from Moldova is afrodita_site@mail.md, where i was registered with the pseudonim : emanuella.

Please,if you can, respond me,even you don't want to co-operate with me,respond me-in this way i would know that i should'n base on your help, ok?

Thank you for reading my big letter,and i wish you a godd day.

Boboc Marcela

#39201 - 08/09/04 05:26 AM Re: what is the spanish adward winning ,700000.00euos is true or cheat
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
kingofchn, are you still not convinced this company is a fraud? Hope you haven't already sent them money! I'm a little confused by the email exchange above.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#39202 - 08/09/04 07:30 AM Re: what is the spanish adward winning ,700000.00euos is true or cheat
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
I think the poor sap who sent them the money is either out of luck, or maybe trying to set up a scam based on a "poor me" story. . . as in "poor me, I lost all my money, my house, etc., could you, out of the goodness of your heart help me with a small donation?" In a funny way, I hope it is the latter, because then they aren't really hurt. If so, it might be the same people who put out the Lotto scam, just trying a new angle.

These people know no shame, and deserve to work at hard labor in a prison the rest of their lives with thier slave wages going to their victims.

#39203 - 08/09/04 08:41 AM Re: what is the spanish adward winning ,700000.00euos is true or cheat
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Mmmm, I think I understand the last kingofchn post. Someone e-mailed him explaining she had suffered the same scam. That "Matilda Williams" told them to call the number 0034 625 251 814 to talk with the "claims agent".

Both kingofchn and the other woman sent money to this supposed company.

IT IS A SCAM with 0% of error kingofchn. That phone number is a mobile phone number. Forward it to police as it is possible to know who owns it.

Fernando

#39204 - 08/09/04 09:08 AM Re: what is the spanish adward winning ,700000.00euos is true or cheat
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hate to say this...

wink :p

... but I totally agree with Fernando.

It's a scam, no doubt. Anyway, they have a website that looks like an obviously well-prepared part of the scam. Looks like a nice corporate website, but there is nothing behind but for the Catellana 330 adress, an Andorran adress, some email adresses, and biographies. No bank products, no other branches of the "international bank", no nothing.

That besides of the mobile phone for answering inquiries, plus unexistant lottery, plus, plus, ...

One question for mr. kingofchn: Did you ever buy a ticket for that lottery?

I bet you didn't. They just played with your innocence. I have read again your letter and I believe you haven't paid yet, wisely asking for a loan of them to pay for the fees, that you would repay after cashing the prize.

If you did, go to the police. It's unprobable the'll give you a solution but it's the best you can do.

I don't have as good opinion on the spanish police as Fernando, and believe they'll probably do nothing unless they bump into these criminals by accident or into a wider campaign of net-crime harassment, and maybe the fact that your letter was in English was an obstacle, since not many people in Spain is good enough in foreign languages (at least good enough to be able to work with it in delicate matters like this).

#39205 - 08/09/04 09:55 AM Re: what is the spanish adward winning ,700000.00euos is true or cheat
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[originally posted by kingofchn on 08-09-2004 09:33 AM]

Dear spanish friends:
Thanks for your caring me . The last letter is just now received from a woman ,she seemed to sent the money and may wished to learn more imformation about the false award winning .I have told her to visit the Madridman .
I never send any money to the bank .
with best wishes .
your friend
Feng Xiaoming

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#39206 - 08/09/04 10:21 AM Re: what is the spanish adward winning ,700000.00euos is true or cheat
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Good thing you didn't kingofchn! You would have lost it.

I'm sure that the only reason for make this woman call to that mobile phone is to ask for more money to solve some problem or whatever. They won't return back her money FOR SURE.

I really hope they end imprisoned.

Fernando

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments