MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 21 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21 >
Topic Options
#38919 - 03/12/04 09:29 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
Quintos,

"...I always believed Spain would get attacked ever since that moron Aznar supported the US in its war against Iraq..."

I am proud that Spain stood in support of the US and have great respect for the courage Aznar showed to stand for his convictions despite unrelenting pressure from other European voices. Think beyond this media soundbyte of "the US and its war vs. Iraq." Think of the 22 MILLION Iraqis who can now choose to live as they want to live. Sure there is a transitional government. But soon Iraq will be 100% controlled by Iraqis. For many, this is justification enough for intervention to free the Iraqis. My father lived under both Nazi and Soviet occupation and mother under the Japanese, so never EVER trivialize the human yearning to be free.

And given your blood curdling calls for the heads of all Muslims, you are simply contradicting yourself, my friend. Let's see. Don't you see the fault in your logic? On one hand, the US should have not intervened to free the Iraqi people. Better to leave them to suffer under the unequivocable brutality of Saddam. Yet, let's destroy all Muslims. Huh???

Shelve the media sound bytes, "US War for Oil" "Bush Jr winning one for Bush Sr," etc. These statements trivialize the real sacrifices that men and women made in fighting to free Iraq from Saddam and from the armed terrorist thugs that are still given support in Iraq.

If have sympathy for those guys killing US soldiers in Iraq, then how can you justify your desire to detroy all Muslims??

Instead, put your faith in the pursuit of freedom: of people, of everyday workers, the kind that were robbed of their lives this week. If you shift the paradigm to one of freedom, you will count among your friends Muslims, Christians, Gays, all races and nationalities, and ages and genders, etc. It is a wonderful group. But if your continue to divide along social lines, I guarantee you, you will forever live in a world in which friend and enemy are redefined on practically a daily basis.

No thanks!! Let freedom ring!!

P.S. When I think of Muslims I think of Khalil Gibran. I think of those recounted by Washington Irving in the tales of the Alhambra. I think of those rules in Cordoba who founda way to coexist peacefully with Jews and Gentiles for 200+ years. And yes, I even think of the passion that sought to overthrow a brutal Shah in Iran. In fact, more than perhaps any other religious group, the Muslims need to taste true freedom as they are seriously repressed. But their freedom aan't happen when the they are being squeezed from both sides: Fanatical teachers preaching death and hatred and brutal and corrupt dictatorial regimes.

#38920 - 03/12/04 09:29 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
Of course im deeply sadened by this event and I don't blame muslims. Who can you blame for this the hardest thing to except is that anothere person of course hailing from the middle east as most terriost do did this attrocity and yes their are other terriost from other regions but this particular region called the middle east and the muslim world is natorious for its terriost. Why is this well im not going to delve into this because im smarter then most people and see reality as it is.

Thats your opinion though and im not getting heated though im just stating that most terriost and terriost attacks have been muslim related can we one day mabey agree on this fact that this particular group of people is known for this and that it doesn't exist in other groups of people to the extent to which it does today in the muslim world.

I don't dislike individual muslims all I have done is regonized that these people are terriost.

Come on every one knows that at the air port when they check the purse of a 50 yr old white grandma they are wasting their time. In less the terriost dressed up as a grandma which is possible. They have attacked Spain and the US does that mean all muslims are terriosts. No. But of course it means that obviously a significant percentage of them are. Thats all im saying.

#38921 - 03/12/04 09:58 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
almohada Offline

Remove oil and the per capita income of most Muslims in the world is not that much higher than that of sub-Sahran Africans. Yet they live amidst filthy wealth, corruption, hypocrisy, and great indifference. Add to the mix fanattical teachings supported by Saudi $$$, the incessant stories on the plight of the Palestians, the the string of military defeats in the past 30 years--some of them quite humiliating--and one can understand by these people are primed to strike back.

But all this has almost nothing to do with Islam. Islam is being used as a tool. The war with Iraq was not about Islam. The tough words with Iran or Libya had nothing to do with Islam. The pressure on Saudi Arabia has nothing to do with Islam. IN fact, I think there are many lessons we can learn from Islam right here and right now, including piety, rcaial tolerance and the focus on family.

Sure, I agree that targeting Muslims will likely yield more terrorists, but we are talking correlation and not causation as you initially posted.

#38922 - 03/12/04 10:06 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Quintos233 Offline

"Remove oil and the per capita income of most Muslims in the world is not that much higher than that of sub-Sahran Africans. Yet they live amidst filthy wealth, corruption, hypocrisy, and great indifference. Add to the mix fanattical teachings supported by Saudi $$$, the incessant stories on the plight of the Palestians, the the tstring of military defeats in the past 30 years--some of them quite embarassing--and one can understand by these people are primed to strike back.

But all this has almost nothing to do with Islam. That is simply a tool. The war with Iraw was not about Islam. The tough words with Iran or Libya had noting to do with Islam. the pressure on Saudi Arabia has nothing to do with Islam. IN fact, I think there are many lessons we can learn from Islam right here and right now, including piety, rcaial tolerance and the focus on family.

Sure, I agree that targeting Muslims will likely yield more terrorists, but we are talking correlation and not causation as you initially posted. "

It doesn't have to do with Islam every one knows why they hate us and I don't believe it would be beneficial for me to mention why on this post. It's true that most of the governments of that region are corrupted but you see most of these governments are based on muslim law most of the terriost are Muslims the countries they come from and the societys they grow up are Islamic their teaching are Islamic they read the Koran they are Muslims. Trust this all ties together guys every thing has a reason and all goes back to one thing I know this I know what is happening im not blind like most people.

#38923 - 03/12/04 10:22 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Kevin: Point taken. We're on the same page you and I

Almohad: THANK YOU for mentioning Kahlil Gibran. A great phiposopher no matter what your theological starting point.

And none of this has anything yto do with the gripping pain 200 families in Spain and around the world are feeling now. And the 1400 who pray for good fortune for their wounded loved ones. Let us pray with them now, and offer comfort to those whose loss will always be associated with this time of year, the coming of spring. It has been said that April is the cruelest month. I beg to differ...

#38924 - 03/12/04 10:32 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Quintos233 Offline

What I fail to understand is why these 200 people had to die. It's also grazy that some one would do this to Spanish people I mean come on Spanish getting this?!! Probably cause the Spanish people are accepting we like out siders welcome them in thats are weak point and we paid for it dearly we think we can accept every one but we can't should not as we learned recently.

I hope all the families their with lost loved ones a hope for the best and that the Spaniards living abroad as well of course the ones living in our sacred home land do as well. I hope the injured recover quickly. Of course the people who did this probably got in through the obvious open gate from the middle east to Europe.

#38925 - 03/12/04 10:33 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Angel_dup1 Offline

The horror in pictures. El mundo.fotografías

Saludos

#38926 - 03/12/04 10:43 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Corazon Flamenco Offline

Loc: Miami, Florida USA
Quintos, I don't agree at all with your opinion but, you are right, you have the right to express it. The reason you have that right is because you live in this country that allows you right. Remember that not everyone lives in a country that allows freedom of speech or even basic human rights. However, at this time I think that what we need to concentrate on is helping our Spanish friends through the pain that they are suffering because no one, deserves to die in such a tragic way as those poor people did yesterday and as our people did on 9/11. Like the people in the WTC, the people on those trains were just going about their lives trying to make the best of it. Let's pray for peace. Let's pray that God, whatever you conceive him to be, will help the people of Spain through this terrible ordeal. God Bless España and God bless the USA.

#38927 - 03/12/04 10:54 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Quintos233 Offline

Now lets think how did these terriost get into Spain hmmm I wonder if it was really that hard probably the same way all those Morrocians currently destroying Spain are getting in.

#38928 - 03/12/04 11:16 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
almohada Offline

well Quintos, I'm off to bed. 5 am in Madrid!

I leave you with one last comment. If you continue to play the game of us vs. them along social lines (you started with Muslims and now I see you are posting the stuff on the Morrocans) and in such a blanket manner, your world will forever be in conflict. And I mean that on a personal level.

In a wealthy area, take Silicon Valley for example, you will see an amazing sort of supereudcated and super accomplished individuals from all over the world and from al races and religions. Lo and behold there are Muslims galore...and even I am sure some Morrocans. Enough real education, good environment, good and steady income and respect, and we all live in peace.

According to your world, we should blindly turn the screws on ALL Muslims and Morrocans?? Would not only be catastrophic for Spain both in terms of its economy (think post 1492 and the terrible loss of talent in Spain that came to the fore after all the pilfering of silver and gold from the Americas had been exhausted), but it would lead to a tremendous increase in violence in Spain.

Dude, don't go down that road. Join a Morrocan organization. Volunteer along side Muslims. Introduce them to your friends and your leisure activities. Leanr about them and share your world. Soon you will seem them as individuals--some worth befriending and yes, some worth jailing or deporting. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater...

To differentiate will cost Spain $$$ and cost you brain power as you will need to think hard on a case-by-case basis...as it should be. After all, they are here to stay and it is best to treat them in a way that IMPROVES Spain.

Good night. Un beso al estado de California en donde naci hace muchisimos años!

Page 10 of 21 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments