Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21 >
Topic Options
#38869 - 03/11/04 06:57 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
RennerLKO Offline

Loc: Oregon USA
"If a member of Al Quieda held a press conference in the US you can bet he or she would be arrested and questioned. . ."

ANYONE can hold an unfettered press conference in the US. The Constitution guarantees it. If the message is a call to actions that are illegal then some "intervention" may occur.
My prayers to the families of those killed and injured. Are Americans able to give blood?
I will be there next week.

#38870 - 03/11/04 07:01 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Eddie49 Offline

Loc: Glasgow Scotland
Our sympathy and thoughts in U.K. are with all in Spain and especially Madrid. God bless you all, and may you catch these murderers

#38871 - 03/11/04 07:12 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
I am shocked and saddened by this horrible news! My condolences go out to those who lost family and friends this morning; my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone whose life was touched by this senseless and heartless act of violence.

One of my favorite poets, John Donne, wrote:
"...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

The deaths and the suffering of the people of Spain touch us all. Today's actions were an attack on all the freedom loving people of the world and I agree with Wolf...the US should offer to help Spain in any way they can. These attacks must stop.

--------------------------
la maestra: the US is my "madre patria", but Spain is "la madrina."

#38872 - 03/11/04 07:49 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Graciela Offline

Loc: USA
This is such horrible news, I couldn't get through the day.
I pray for everyone I know in Madrid and all of the other wonderful people there.
As for the 4 girls flying to Spain on the 25th, don't worry. I fly there on the 25th as well with my best friend. I am spending 5 days in Madrid and the rest of the 2 weeks I'm showing her around the rest of Spain. I used to live there and go to school there, I lived there during the war last year. Everyone needs to be brave.

#38873 - 03/11/04 07:57 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
toddy Offline

"TODAY We are all Madrileños in our hearts."
I second this

#38874 - 03/11/04 09:42 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
mariacristi Offline

Loc: melbourne
I had no idea how massive & devastating it was until I saw on world news this morning. My heart goes out to all the innocent victims of this senseless atrocity. My sympathy & prayers for the families & loved ones who have to deal with such grief & loss. ETA or Al-Qaeda, there is absolutely no justification whatsoever for this horrific act of cruelty.

#38875 - 03/11/04 10:03 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Leash Offline

This is so horrible....I just read the story of what happened in Madrid and all I can do is weep. I am so very sorry and my thoughts and prayers go out to all those involved in this tragedy. Sending ALL of my love to Madrid.

One Love~
Leash

#38876 - 03/11/04 10:03 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
drewvk76 Offline

As an American, I would like to share my sympathy and hope to the people of Spain. My fiancee and I will be traveling to Madrid in a week, and I hope that by going to Spain in this hour, we will be doing our small part in helping to heal the damage.

I do have a question for everyone -- with the explosions and the upcoming elections, are the city and national authorities closing museums and other tourist sites? And are other cities in Spain being affected. I know someone earlier mentioned that the only visible change is slower transportation. Is that still the case?

Again, all our prayers and support go to Madrid and the Spanish people. Viva Espana!

#38877 - 03/11/04 10:43 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
I can't believe how people can be so blind this is not ETA and we all know it. Only a radical muslim would be capable of causing this ETA doesn't massive amounts of civilians this isn't them Aznar decided to get Spain involved in this War and in the end the Spanish people paid for it. It's that simple.

#38878 - 03/11/04 11:38 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
So, Spain is responsible for 3/11, just as America was responsible for 9/11, right?

Shame on you, Quintos.

Page 5 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments