Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3878 - 03/25/02 04:40 PM Wonderful apartment in Madrid
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
I posted this message, or similar last night, and somehow it has been wiped out.

Mty wife and son and I are staying in a wonderful apartment in Madrid for three months it is located on Calle Huertas in the heart of retaurants, bars, bakeries, and the internet place, Locutorio on Calle Moratin that I am writing from right now.

For more information you can access a website that has pictures and contact information for the owners, Alberto and Rosa, who are wonderful people.

http://www.telefonica.net/web2/madridrent/

If you have any questions for me, ask away...

Lee

#3879 - 03/31/02 12:38 PM Re: Wonderful apartment in Madrid
derek Offline

Loc: London. UK
I have stayed close to these apartments in the Hostal Lopez and recognise them from their website photo's. They look very nice and would be just right for us now we have a young toddler in tow.

Are those prices per apartment(very reasonable) or per person(not so good..)? Any other info you have would be very welcome...

Derek

#3880 - 03/31/02 05:27 PM Re: Wonderful apartment in Madrid
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Not to try and discredit the very helpful offer, but the apartment is pricey. Not astronomical, but not cheap.

www.byrsa.es
www.ryb.es

Are 2 agencies, or the Colegio de Fincas

http://www.cafmadrid.es/

has apartment listings.

#3881 - 04/01/02 05:48 AM Re: Wonderful apartment in Madrid
derek Offline

Thanks for those links. 300 Euros is not much in British pounds these days (about £190) which isn't much for an apartment in this country.

Is that considered a lot in Madrid??

Derek

#3882 - 04/01/02 04:58 PM Re: Wonderful apartment in Madrid
derek Offline

I'm sure there are cheaper places but I don't speak enough Spanish to use those websites. Incidentally, the first link seems to be dead for the moment.

Derek

#3883 - 04/02/02 05:47 AM Re: Wonderful apartment in Madrid
GoMadrid Offline

The apartment is very nicely decorated, and has a good feel.

The problem with finding apartments in Madrid is mostly relevant for the short-term resident or tourist. You can find nice, usually unfurnished apartments for less money, but they require a minimum one year lease. There are, in fact, two apartments available right now in my building. One of them is quite large, but it doesn't have quite as nice a view. It rents for 200 Euros less per month. But it requires a one year lease.

The proof is in the pudding.

My satisfaction with the apartment, location etc. is in the AAA++++ range. It is also very near the Iglesia Jesus de Medinaceli. We were fortunate enough to see two processions from our windows during Semana Santa. One of them was so major that it was carried live on Madrid TV. They had a picture of our building in the background on some shots, so we took turns going to the window to wave so that we could see ourselves on TV.

If you have any specific questions, let me know or contact Alberto or Rosa the owners. They speak excellent English, especially Rosa who is fluent.

Lee (GoMadrid)

#3884 - 04/02/02 04:18 PM Re: Wonderful apartment in Madrid
derek Offline

I think we are going to book it. I have emailed the owners and it seems to be available when we need it. I can get scheduled flights whith Iberia and British Midland direct from London Heathrow, which is only about 20 minutes from where I live.

Is there a bathroom of some sort only it doesn't seem to be shown on the website?

Derek

#3885 - 04/03/02 04:29 PM Re: Wonderful apartment in Madrid
GoMadrid Offline

The bathroom is great. All tile, and the water pressure is tremendous. The building is almost brand new, so it has central heat and air.

You won't be sorry....

Lee (GoMadrid)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments