Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 20 21 >
Topic Options
#38849 - 03/11/04 12:37 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
taken from my post in the other relevant thread -

[B} Any board members living in Madrid - please check in and let us know you and your families are safe [/b]

#38850 - 03/11/04 01:12 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
11495 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Does anyone out there have any opinion on 4 girls traveling to Madrid from the US in the next two weeks? We are scheduled to fly out on March 25, 2004. What would you do? Reschedule, cancel, go?????

#38851 - 03/11/04 01:24 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
vicki Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
I don't know what to say...I am still a little weepy. Our thoughts and prayers to all who were affected. Thank you for the updates and links. I have forwarded those links to other friends who also have friends in Spain.

As far as the ETA link goes, it is certainly possible that they have received "tutoring" from other terrorist organizations, which could account for a change in M.O.

#38852 - 03/11/04 01:39 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
ETA No.

I went over to donate blood earlier today but could not because the lines were long. That´s ok tho, because at least there has not been a shortage of blood for the wounded. I have the unversal donor type, but opted not to wait in line for the estimated 5 hours.

011495, I would suggest you not cancel your trip. You can only plan your life so far around acts of cowardice like this. Have you wondered if people in places like Jerusalem cancel going to the market, or going out for a coffee because of the cowardly acts of terrorism there?

Just expect for delays in transportation, like cercanía train, buses, etc... Like for example I was going to catch a bus out of Madrid, but could not get tickets because people who had train tickets have now gotten bus tickets. My particular bus did not have seats available anymore. Oh well, I´ll just stay in Madrid for the weekend. The metro has barely shut down... Only the Atoch thru Pacífico stops on the blue line 1 are being skipped, but everything else is running.

andrew

#38853 - 03/11/04 01:39 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Dear Spain Lovers: This is very deja-vu of 9/11 in NYC. Love & prayers to all of those affected by this ghastly act of insanity. To the girls from No. Carolina. Please go to Spain and enjoy its beauty & magnificent people. Those that came to NYC after 9/11 were concerned but came in spite of their fears. They feel it was the best trip of their life. You will not regret it. frown frown

#38854 - 03/11/04 01:42 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
On flying out. So hard to say. My wife and kids fly out on the 29th. Does lightning strike twice in the same spot? Safe to say, it is impossible to say. I would think that traveling now would be safer than the summer, but geez, impossible to know.

Just take extra precautions. May be harder for for young girls out to enjoy Spain--pubs, discos, etc. than for boring old families (like mine smile )that prefer uncrowded areas.

Do be careful, but make sure you enjoy Spain while here--if not what is the point?

Best, A

#38855 - 03/11/04 01:44 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I haven't had the stomach to post until now.

I have no words...

Fernando

#38856 - 03/11/04 02:05 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
There are not the words to express the sadness at the loss suffered today in Madrid. Seeing places where you think "I've been there, done that" totally destroyed is unbelievable.

All our thoughts and hopes are with the good people of madrid today. God bless.

#38857 - 03/11/04 03:00 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
JUAN CARLOS66 Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach Florida U.S.A.
Spain is the best country i have ever lived in!!

I spent 12 years in the canary islands in Gran Canaria to be more exact and the people there
Were the best i have ever encountered in my life.

Viva España siempre!!!

#38858 - 03/11/04 03:01 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
JUAN CARLOS66 Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach Florida U.S.A.
TODAY We are all Madrileños in our hearts.

Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 20 21 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments