Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >
Topic Options
#38493 - 04/18/03 11:01 AM Re: Almost all the pickpockets, thieves, in Spain are immigrants (mainly Northafricans)
miche_dup1 Offline

ERT, my immigrant heart is broken, I thought we had something going there. :__(
I didn't know I was capable of love, but I realise now I am, the pangs of rejection are too much .......

#38494 - 04/18/03 11:04 AM Re: Almost all the pickpockets, thieves, in Spain are immigrants (mainly Northafricans)
miche_dup1 Offline

Thanks for editing your last post. I'm touched that actually you do still care for me, somewhere down there I know -I know- I just know you still love me.
Un beso :p

#38495 - 04/18/03 11:08 AM Re: Almost all the pickpockets, thieves, in Spain are immigrants (mainly Northafricans)
SRedw Offline

ERT,

I see that you can't find anything good with immigrants and tend to focus only on the negative, and that is certainly your choice. I am not here to judge anyone.

From what I gather from your posts, and PLEASE correct me if I an wrong, you appear to put the blame solely on the immigrants, but what is the GOVERNMENT of Spain trying to do to stop the situation of immigration and all of the WRONGS, as you see it?

Please refrain from getting emotional or making snide remarks when answering this question, if you so choose to answer.

I am trying to see your feelings on government intervention with the immigration situation. You have presented numerous examples of immigrants attacking Spaniards, but now it is time to go beyond that. Your argument is only on the surface. Let's delve deeper and look at all sides to see if there truly is a solution.

We may not agree, but if we have a healthy dialogue, where we neither become emotional nor write remarks that try to hurt the other, I just may see some of your side. I am willing to listen to all sides of this topic, rather than just looking at it from my side. I am aksing that you leave emotions and personal feelings out of the debate and let's have a logical discussion.

I am anxious to read your answer. The same debate is going on in the US, so it's not just Spain dealing with immigration, although I am quite certain that you know this.

Have a great day,

Shawn

#38496 - 04/18/03 11:51 AM Re: Almost all the pickpockets, thieves, in Spain are immigrants (mainly Northafricans)
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
ERT writes:
Quote:
Iīm a Spaniard who wants that his country and society donīt go to hell with massive 3š world immigration.
I am passing a message from my Cuban cousins.

They too are incensed with you Spaniards for sending undesirable immigrants. You used Cuba as a dumping ground to send us some of the most violent people in the world. eek

They are speaking of the devil Fidel Castrowho's dad is a Gallego from El Ferrol!

Do you think that Spain could take him back?Please!

He's killing all of my 3rd world cousins!
Please take him back, ERT!

If you take him back my Cuban cousins promise not to settle in Spain, they will remain in Cuba working at your Melia hotels!

Gracias! smile

#38497 - 04/18/03 12:07 PM Re: Almost all the pickpockets, thieves, in Spain are immigrants (mainly Northafricans)
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hello everybody

booklady

hey...what are you saying..hehe..whats that bull**** youre talking

just kidding laugh :p

glad to see another cuban of pure spanish ancestry just like me.

hehe youre kind of funny with your castro-bashing comments.

yeahyeah hes some son of a gun
but please lets not blame the galeguinos wink

#38498 - 04/18/03 12:28 PM Re: Almost all the pickpockets, thieves, in Spain are immigrants (mainly Northafricans)
miche_dup1 Offline

ERT,
I don't know why you feel so threatened by me,
I haven't told anyone who they are, like you do to me.
You say I'm not a Londoner, well I am.
I don't think our differences are simply that I am not a Spaniard, I'm not skin deep like you are.
And believe it when I say that I too don't want to be a part of your small ERT and suffering world, it's just not healthy and if this thread is meant to provoke, then yes you have my pity.
Because while I think there can be a healthy discussion about immigration, this thread, it's title to start with, is so warped there's no ground to stand on.
Oh, and I'm here to stay so get used to it.

An Ecuadorian/Pakistani/Londoner being
Like it or lump it

#38499 - 04/18/03 12:48 PM Re: Almost all the pickpockets, thieves, in Spain are immigrants (mainly Northafricans)
ERT Offline

I want to explain something: I as an individual can relate to people from other cultures withouth a problem. Iīm not closed at all in that matter. But I as an "individual living in a colective" (Spanish society) Iīm against that other colectives come massively to Spain because the only thing they will cause is create problems in the existing Spanish society.

SRedw,

I had written a long message answering your questions but Iīve lost it when I did a "copy and paste". basically what I was saying is that multicultural societies have never worked and will never work. There is no example in the world, in the past or in the present where multicultural societies are working. In many times it ended dramatically (Yugoslavia as an example). The government canīt do magic, if millions of immigrants want to come to Spain the government will only be capable of repatriate a minimum number of illegals. The government canīt either prevent that the immigrants kill, steal or rape. The government can put them in jail AFTER theyīve commited their acts but not preventing it. The government canīt differenciate delinquents from non-delinquents when accepting inmigrants. So it is not easy for the government to do something totally eficcient.

And for the US, I know that the Southwest of the US is being invaded by millions of Mexicans. Iīm against it and Iīm also against the desire of many of them that want that Spanish could become a cooficial language in the Southwest of the US. The more mexicans they are, the more power they will get and the more problems they will create to the existing anglo society. So extrapolate it to Spain and you will understand my position much better.

#38500 - 04/18/03 01:37 PM Re: Almost all the pickpockets, thieves, in Spain are immigrants (mainly Northafricans)
SRedw Offline

ERT,

Thanks for the response and I do see where you are coming from. We have many Hispanics who are starting to come to Virginia and it has had a great impact on this state. Our state agencies are scambling to find bilingual speakers, and they are far and few in between.

I understand that the government can't stop people from doing criminal acts. I just wanted to get your feeling on the government and how they can intervene in any way.

I am looking forward to coming to Spain in June and having a good time.

Thanks again and I value your response.

Shawn

#38501 - 04/18/03 02:19 PM Re: Almost all the pickpockets, thieves, in Spain are immigrants (mainly Northafricans)
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
ERT,

Unless I've missed something, the U.S. is definitely a multi-ethnic/cultural society.

Yes, we've had problems, and they still exist, but every day as I walk down a street, I see more diverse cultures than most of us can even fathom.

Are there problems within the immigrants? Of course there are, but it isn't restricted to one or two groups of people.

I remember, over twenty years ago, when they allowed Cuban nationals into the U.S. Comments were made about how Castro had emptied his jails and prisons, sending the flotsam of Cuba to our shores. One of the "camps" that these refugees went to was in Wisconsin. Rumors spread about how they were all criminals from Cuba, and it upset people. But, as some of these new Americans were processed into society, the people in the area found out very quickly how the warnings from the "anti-immigration" people were wrong. They not only became a viable part of a new society, but introduced new cultural experiences for everyone. It was an awakening for a lot of people with closed minds.

If there is on thing we should have taken with us from WWII is the fact that "ethnic superiority" is not acceptable. The problem is, too many people in the world haven't, and "ethnic cleansing" and genocide are still practiced. Until we find it not only intolerable, but act against it, we obviously haven't learned our lessons well enough. Stopping immigration only feeds the fires of those who would practice discrimination.

Wolf

#38502 - 04/18/03 05:04 PM Re: Almost all the pickpockets, thieves, in Spain are immigrants (mainly Northafricans)
ERT Offline

Wolf,

Precissely what people that are against massive immigration like me are trying to persuade is that multicultural societies have never worked and will never work without creating lots of problems. No one is talking about "ethnic superiority" (if I was a Chinesse I would try to avoid that China became a country where there were millions of whites, blacks, muslims and others, just to protect my culture and society and to avoid future problems).

The US has a serious problem with racism. Maybe it is not in the surface but it exist down the surface. It comes from many years ago and it is appareantly hidden but when some things like the Rodney King (?) happened in Los Angeles the real situation comes to the surface. There were many deaths when the blacks accused that white policemen of brutality. The blacks arrased the city and also had brutality against the Asian community. I think there were also some other great problems in other cities aswell protagonized by blacks against whites and asians. After it another campaign from the government tried to make you believe that wasnīt for real and that you lived in a great multicultural country. The fact is that that is not true. Just considering other facts like Affirmative Action (which is a law that allows the racism against whites just for not being an ethnic minority) then you realize that living in a multicultural society brings lots of problems. I donīt want the same for Spain. I donīt want that my sons in the future could be discrimined when they have to go to college because there are cuotas for northafricans or southamericans.

I really believe that there are going to happen very bad things in Europe in the future because this massive immigration. Sweden was the safer country in the world and now it has a very high rate of homicides and rapes (almost all protagonized by immigrants).

You also talk about when the Cubans refugees went to Wisconsin and said that "about the rumors spread about how they were all criminals from Cuba, and it upset people". In Spain these are not rumors but EVERYDAY NEWS in the newspapers (Iīve put some examples in a previous posts about killings, stealing, torturing and raping protagonized by immigrants), so realize why people is upset.

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments