Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#38326 - 01/28/03 04:21 AM Travel to Morocco???
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Hi everybody! I am thinking about traveling to Morocco in Northern Africa for this upcoming weekend. Do you think it is safe to do this?? We would be a big group of about 30 students, both spaniards and americans. I thought it would be fine and safe as we are in a large group with a guide, but my host family here in Granada, said that is is way too dangerous for an american to go there right now...are the just exagerating or should I truely be concerned about this????? Thanks! Kelly smile

#38327 - 01/28/03 06:22 AM Re: Travel to Morocco???
Miguelito Offline

I think it's safe if you take normal precautions, more safe when you go in a big group and with a guide. I think Tanger is the town where you must be more careful. I went 2 or 3 years ago with my brother and everything was fine, very nice people although some of them a bit tiresome..

#38328 - 01/28/03 10:09 AM Re: Travel to Morocco???
janlo Offline

Loc: quebec
i've been to Moroco last summer for a week and a half.
well let me tell you that i had mor adventures ( bad and good) in this one week in maroco than 2 months in spain.

i have some good and bad things to say about moroco, it would be too long to tell, but u can be sure about this: maroco is worth going if you are seeking a different destination.
It takes only 40 minutes to cross the sea from Andalucia to the north coast, but it is another world!
Just be prepared. read guide books, and dont trust everybody .
I guess with 30 people nothing bad will happen to you, but then maybe you will not be able to feel and know the country to the fullest.

#38329 - 02/03/03 05:46 AM Re: Travel to Morocco???
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Just to update: I did go with the group to Morocco over the weekend. We took the boat across to Ceuta (nice town for a day trip, wish Id had more time there), then crossed the border into Morocco. It is a very very different place than any I had EVER been to before...quite the weekend adventure. We visited... (ok, hang with me on the spelling of these places, Im sure I am completely butchering them!)..Tanger, Teutauhen, and ChefChauen... I felt safe most of the trip when I was with the guide, but during freetime, i at times felt a little uneasy. If you plan the trip yourself, be very careful about the areas, hotels, etc that you stay in, and always alwasy always be aware of your surroundings...Like somone advised me..be prepared for anything, because it is a differnt world!!! smile Well worth the adventure though!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments