Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#38165 - 10/26/02 03:02 PM Madrid:New Year's Eve
care Offline

My family and I will be in Madrid for New Year's Eve. We will have adults, teenagers - three 18 year olds, and two children ages 15, and 12. Any suggestions?

#38166 - 10/26/02 03:12 PM Re: Madrid:New Year's Eve
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi care! Welcome to our Spain-loving message board!!

Since you posted in the Safety & Security Issues forum I'm guessing you're asking about your safety during New Year's Eve in Madrid.

There are A LOT of people in the city during New Year's Eve, particularly in Puerta del Sol. This area is PACKED with people like sardines and pickpocketing exists but is by no means rampant. Just be careful and carry all valuables under your coat and/or in front pockets and not in purses.

Otherwise, away from Puerta del Sol maybe Plaza Mayor where there are always a lot of people during the Christmas/New Years Holiday, you won't have much worry. As usual, be careful walking down empty back streets (which, I'd guess would be hard to find in Madrid on New Years Eve - EMPTY, that is). Just be smart. Violent crimes aren't common thank goodness.

Have fun! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments