Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#37993 - 05/05/02 09:40 AM Plaza mayor parking?
chuck Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
if we were to drive our rental car to the area of Plaza Mayor and park at the parking area near (if one exists)the Plaza mayor, is this a fairly safe place to leave an auto unattended?
or are there better options? muchas gracias

#37994 - 05/05/02 11:10 AM Re: Plaza mayor parking?
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Believe me, safety wouldn't be an issue, but total lack of parking space could! It would be wise to check out the several subterranean parking lots around as you mention, some might be full, but some are likely to have some spaces vacant; this depends very much on the time of day you'd be going there. Friday and Saturday evening? Tough call!!! rolleyes

#37995 - 05/05/02 11:14 AM Re: Plaza mayor parking?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Last summer we drove our car into Madrid and parked in the parking directly under the Plaza Mayor. We left it there for three days while staying at Hostal Tijcal, without incident. It was convenient and reasonably priced. I should point out that our car belonged to our Spanish friends, so it did not look like a tourist car. To be on the safe side, I would leave nothing inside, except for perhaps a local newspaper. Happy travels!

#37996 - 05/05/02 06:43 PM Re: Plaza mayor parking?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Whoa.. Wait everyone. Let's not jump to conclusions. Maybe chuck is asking about Salamanca's Plaza Mayor, or that of Chinchon or Segovia or Cuenca or Zamora or maybe even Málaga.

Afterall, this IS an ALL SPAIN Message Board (not just Madrid) and I'm sure everyone knows that by now. Right? wink rolleyes

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments