Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3782 - 03/06/02 10:16 AM Madrid: Hostal Residencia Veracruz II Yes or No???
janp Offline

Has anyone ever stayed at Hostal Residencia Veracruz II on C/de la Victoria 1. This hostal was recommended to me a couple of years ago by a Brit citizen living in Madrid as a cheap centrally located safe hostal. My sister and I are staying in Madrid for 5 nights at the end of June into July. Thank you.

#3783 - 03/06/02 01:55 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Residencia Veracruz II Yes or No???
Chicagoan Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I did! I have never seen anyone mention it on this message board. What a great location! I loved calle victoria. The hotel was basic, we had a little tiny balcony and the bathroom was nice and clean. I was happy with it. Friendly staff too. We had a TV in our room, which I never require but I happened to catch "El precio justo" (I think that was the name) - the spanish version of the price is right, pretty entertaining. There was also a great restaurant a half a block away on the opposite side of the street. It wasn't the largest room I had in spain but it was nice and I'd stay there again.

Funny side story, though - we had been out until about 5AM and were sleeping very soundly one morning in that hotel. At 9 or 10AM a guy with a synthesizer and a trumpet started playing loudly right outside our window. It was like something out of a movie. It made me laugh so hard I had to get up and take a walk while my angry boyfriend slept. Victoria really isn't a noisy street. I'm sure that guy doesn't play on that corner every morning. It was just one of those "so absurd you have to laugh" moments.

#3784 - 03/06/02 02:09 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Residencia Veracruz II Yes or No???
Chicagoan Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I just looked for a Veracruz II website for you - I can't find one. All I know is that it cost about 7000 pts/night in November 2000 and it is on the corner of c. victoria and San Jeronimo for anyone who wants to find it.

#3785 - 03/07/02 01:06 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Residencia Veracruz II Yes or No???
janp Offline

Thanks, Chicagoan, for the reply. Maybe I too will be serenaded while in Madrid. wink

#3786 - 03/07/02 01:43 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Residencia Veracruz II Yes or No???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You can SEE the address in photos (and map) HERE . (on the www.QDQ.com site) They show three views of the address.. be sure to click on the numbers 2, 3 below the photo. View number 3 shows the front door from a directly in-front perspective.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3787 - 03/20/02 02:09 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Residencia Veracruz II Yes or No???
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
MM...What a SWEET website! I've been walking all over Madrid for the better part of 30 minutes. Thanks for helping me find another way to waste my free time!! :p I wish I'd known about this site when I was teaching...this is a great site!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments