Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#37580 - 06/22/01 08:09 PM Madrid Heat wave
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Hola: I just receieved word from a friend in Madrid that the Heat Wave continues. He informs me that it was 104 F. in the shade!!! Imagine what it must be in direct sunlight. Be prepared for a brutal summer in the Capital City. Stay indoors where it is Air Conditioned & try to assure youeself of AC rooms. Drink plenty of water if out & around sight seeing & save the running for early morning or after sunset. Stay Cool whenever possible. Otherwise Enjoy! cool eek cool eek rolleyes

#37581 - 07/19/01 02:42 PM Re: Madrid Heat wave
replay Offline

Loc: Madrid
Where is the hot? laugh
Now it´s 20.29 and I am cool in my home without AC and in the outside there is 20º - 68F.

In June there were a short heat wave, but we never get into 104F (it is VERY uncommon for Madrid in the shade) in that "heat wave" we got 36º - 97F , and with 5-10% of humidity it is soportable if you stay in the shade during the hot sun hours.

During july we are having low temperatures, today we were with 16º - 60F during the whole morning (10º - 50F in the early), and for the moment July it is having a max average of 29º - 84F and min average of 17º - 62F. It is normal comparing with the last 30 years temperature.

Weather is crazy smile

#37582 - 07/19/01 05:17 PM Re: Madrid Heat wave
picara Offline

Loc: New Mexico, USA
Replay,
You're right, those temperatures don't count as a heat wave at all! I'm speaking as someone who once lived in Tucson (which counts as a modified h@ll on earth, as far as I'm concerned (sorry la maestra) even though it IS a "dry heat") and who now lives in Albuquerque NM. :o <- hot face :p

I'm looking forward to getting to Madrid in August... I don't think it will be any hotter than our weather here (90s F and humid these days). wink

#37583 - 07/19/01 05:31 PM Re: Madrid Heat wave
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Chicago's in a stretch of three 90+(f)days in a row, with a forecast of several more. Humidity at night is close to 100%. But, considering winter, who's complaining? cool

#37584 - 07/19/01 06:59 PM Re: Madrid Heat wave
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
Ay, Picara, eres tan exagerada! YUMA, now THAT'S hot! We're enjoying cool, 98 degree weather this week with the monsoon in full swing. It's almost too cool to swim and I may be pulling out my long johns soon wink

#37585 - 07/19/01 07:49 PM Re: Madrid Heat wave
augustus28 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
I was there during that heatwave, staying with a friend who had no A/C. I would wake up from my siesta, and i would get up and notice a silouette of my body on the matress in sweat. I was dying...! null

#37586 - 07/19/01 09:16 PM Re: Madrid Heat wave
CAN14 Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
I just returned from Spain. We arrived the last week of June and thought we were melting during the day when the temperature reached 42 degrees Celcius one day (quick somebody do the math for F). Even last weekend it was still very warm. Water is cheap so buy it often.

#37587 - 07/20/01 05:52 AM Re: Madrid Heat wave
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
There was a heat wave a few weeks ago, but lately it has been quite cool. Right now it is 20 degrees and that calls for a pair of jeans and a sweater. Last night I was freezing and I had to close my window. I don´t know what is up with the weather. But today´s weather report is very nice. A cool 20 degrees and not a cloud in the sky...roses

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments