Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3746 - 11/06/04 10:24 AM Madrid: Hostal Persal?
annegibbons Offline

Loc: wales
I am staying at Hostal Persal next week for three nights. Can anyone tell me about it,anywhere nice to go nearby to "tapear" and what clothes should i bring ? thanks in anticipation!!

#3747 - 11/06/04 11:20 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Persal?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello annegibbons! And welcome to our little ALL SPAIN Message Board.

I beliieve that Hostal Persal has been reviewed a number of times - including once by me as a "walk-through" tour of the establishment - so you should be able to find those already posted by utilizing the SEARCH function above/right with keywords MADRID PERSAL in this forum.

Hostal Persal is located just off the Plaza Santa Ana so you should be able to conduct a search of bars and tapas in the "Food, Drink, & Entertainment" forum and find dozens of suggested places (and there are LOTS!).

After your return, we'd love to have your own personal review of Hostal Persal right here in this/your thread. Thanks and enjoy your time in Madrid and Spain!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3748 - 11/06/04 09:16 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Persal?
La Due Offline

Loc: usa
..and, please, write a short note after your trip about this hostal
I am planning to stay there (in Persal) in March.
!Tenga un buen viaje!

#3749 - 11/07/04 12:42 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Persal?
epaulino4 Offline

Loc: USA
I toured this hostal a few months ago. You can't beat their location. Tapas bars are everywhere, jazz, good food, arts and shopping.

It is a big hostal, reception desk people were friendly and promptly sent me over to see the rooms.

I choose not to stay at Persal because I observe, during my frequent stays at nearby Hostal Adriano, that they tend to deal with groups in and out and as a former travel agent,I learned to stay away from hotels/hostals that take groups to guarantee my peace of mind and tranquility during my stays.

If you are not bothered by this dynamic, it is a nice place to stay.

Happy travels!

Epaulino

#3750 - 11/09/04 05:28 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Persal?
annegibbons Offline

Thank you all for prompt replys.I will leave a post when I return. I leave tomorrow. What clothes do I bring ? Is it cold at this time of year?

#3751 - 11/09/04 05:33 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Persal?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Take WARM clothing! Check out the 5-day forecast of the Madrid Weather page , HIGHS will be will be high single digits ºC and LOWS will be low single digits ºC. eek

We look forward to your review of Hostal Persal!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3752 - 11/14/04 06:29 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Persal?
annegibbons Offline

Just arrived back from Madrid last night.
Hostal was like four star hotel in vestibule and breakfast room but our room was REALLY tiny and very basic with a 3/4 bed. As my husband is over six feet tall it wasnt very comfortable.Having said that there were loads of big fluffy towels ,plenty of hot water,clean starched sheets and the breakfast was good so it was good value and in an excellent location.Watch out for tours at weekends as mentioned previously,maybe we were unlucky but on friday our room seemed to be surrounded by a large party of young spanish boys who were incredibly noisy making it difficult to sleep! Why has no one ever mentioned
that you get FREE tapas in almost every bar you go into.We were amazed at the quality and variety. Needless to say we have never ate so well! Must mention Casa Abuelo off santa anna. It only serves prawns or langoustines 6 euros a massive portion and fab!!!Had a great time and if anyone wants info I will be happy to help

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 794 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments