Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#37303 - 01/25/01 12:24 AM Unsafe Areas of Madrid?
madridbound Offline

I'm planning a March trip to Madrid and wanted to know if there are any parts of Madrid that I need to be concerned about (i.e. crime) and should stay away from. What's the ideal location to stay to be in walking distance of a lot to see?

#37304 - 01/25/01 12:43 PM Re: Unsafe Areas of Madrid?
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
Madridbound

My daugher lived in Madrid for almost six months and will soon end her semester this January and return to her regular school for the spring semester. I recenlty visited her and stayed in Madrid for 8 days and went to so many neighborhood via Metro and walk. I went so many neighborhoods that I really cannot tell you which one are bad. The only place that daughter did not take me was the park where the homeless congregate. My daugher's advice for safety always walk with someone in the street especially late evenings or wee hours in the morning. She lives in Arguelles which is a very nice community. Know how to use their subway system. I hope you will be safe in Madrid the way I did when I was there.

#37305 - 01/25/01 04:33 PM Re: Unsafe Areas of Madrid?
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
The only area that I felt a liitle uneasy in during my lastest stay was Lavapies. During the day it seemed safe enough, but at night walk fast and don't look anyone in the eyes.!

#37306 - 01/25/01 10:35 PM Re: Unsafe Areas of Madrid?
madridbound Offline

Thanks for the feedback. Any other areas that I should be aware of, please do let me know.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 801 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments