Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3724 - 09/14/03 01:14 AM Madrid: Name of hostel on Calle Fernando de los Rios
mqe Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
Can madridman tell me the name and any info on the hostel on Fernando de los Rios, near Arguelles?I am going to Madrid with 2 of my children 15 and 13 and a friend who has never been there. I am looking for accomodations for all of us, even tho we may end up staying w/ friends. Pls help if you know any info.Thanks

#3725 - 09/14/03 09:16 AM Re: Madrid: Name of hostel on Calle Fernando de los Rios
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hell mqe and welcome to our little message board.

I did a quick GOOGLE search and didn't find ANY hostel on Calle Fernando de los Rios. Are you absolutely certain about the name of the street? There's a lodgine establishment called "Residencia de Estudiantes "Fernando de los Rios"" but it's in Getafe, a suburb of Madrid and is not ON the street of Fernando de los Rios either. Can you give me/us any more information? Do you have the street address by chance?

And out of curiosity, HOW did you find out about this place? Through a friend or a comment on a website or something?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3726 - 09/18/03 12:09 AM Re: Madrid: Name of hostel on Calle Fernando de los Rios
mqe Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
madridman, the name of the hostel on fernando de los rios and guzman elBueno is hostal Oxford. Do you know if it still is in this location?

#3727 - 09/18/03 05:46 AM Re: Madrid: Name of hostel on Calle Fernando de los Rios
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks for the added info (i.e. the name).

According to the @ Universidad Complutense Madrid website, written last year:

HOSTAL OXFORD.- calle Guzmán el Bueno, 57, Tlno.: 34 91 544 13 01

And according to the CONGRESO INTERNACIONAL PROVIDA website, written earlier this year:

Hostal Oxford** 915441302 Guzmán El Bueno 57, 1º Moncloa 35Euros Con baño 40 ¤; IVA inlcuido.

Also, according to the BBC Online site:

"It's cheap, beautiful, reasonable and in a great non-touristy part of town. If you want a quaint place with clean linens, great owners, a impeccably clean shared bath and great prices--it's your place."

According to the Schiller Madrid site:

Hostal Oxford Double w/bathroom €40: Double w/o bathroom €35..
Calle Guzmán el Bueno, 57 (approx. 10 min. walking distance from SIU)
1st floor center
Tel. 91-544-1302

As seen on a map and in photos on the QDQ.com site HERE , it seems to be a VERY nice-looking building! You can click the link towards the bottom of that page to see the facade of the same building on Calle de Fernández De Los Ríos, 65.

I have no idea if it exists at this moment but it appears so. The only way to know for sure is to call the phone numbers listed above. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments