Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3716 - 12/12/04 10:55 AM Madrid/Cordoba/Sevilla:Hotel for family of 4?
Kansas City Offline

Loc: Kansas City
I am having trouble finding hotels in Spain that accommodate a family of two adults and two kids in one room. Does anyone have any recommendations in Madrid, Cordoba or Sevilla? I have almost given up and reserved two rooms, but the expense and the fact that we won't be together bothers me. Thanks in advance for your help.

#3717 - 12/12/04 03:14 PM Re: Madrid/Cordoba/Sevilla:Hotel for family of 4?
vicki Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
If double beds are ok, try Hotel Europa in Madrid
Hotel Europa

Excellent location, too.

Sorry, no recommendations for the other cities.

#3718 - 12/12/04 06:36 PM Re: Madrid/Cordoba/Sevilla:Hotel for family of 4?
ebetancourt Offline

Loc: Tennessee
I think the problem is that the rooms are two small to add two beds. Just got back a week ago, and we had two couples and two kids, the best we were able to do was one extra bed per room. In Sevilla we stayed at the Hesperia and they couldn't do even that. They did make an effort to provide adjacent rooms (not connecting, those are apparently also rare). We enjoyed the Hesperia, it was close enough to the Cathedral/Old town area to walk (about a mile I would guess). The Hesperia in Toledo was much nicer.

ernie

#3719 - 12/17/04 12:32 PM Re: Madrid/Cordoba/Sevilla:Hotel for family of 4?
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
A familiar problem for our family, too. We like to rent apartments. Do a site search and you will find lots of comments and ideas. In Madrid, we have stayed at the one owned by Rosa and Alberto on Huertas and at Apartasol. A recent post spoke of another that looked good. In Sevilla, check out www.alojamientos-sevilla.com We loved staying with them. Another site is www.sevilla5.com However, I have not used them. It has taken a lot of looking, but we have not yet had to rent 2 rooms. If your children are young, you can get away with putting them both in a single extra bed.

#3720 - 12/17/04 07:43 PM Re: Madrid/Cordoba/Sevilla:Hotel for family of 4?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
We were very comfortable in a quad room at Hostal Aguilar in Madrid. In Seville try Hostal Zurbaran, right in the heart of Barrio Santa Cruz on a pedestrian street.
http://www.sol.com/en/modulo2.asp?IdProvincia=41&IdAlojamiento=382
The room was huge, and we had 3 of us, but an extra bed would easily fit. Really nicely decorated, too, with a beautiful bathroom. Another good possibility is a family suite at Hotel Simon--a bit more expensive, but it has 2 private rooms which share one bathroom, and very well located.
Have a great trip.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments