Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#369 - 09/14/00 06:53 AM Candelario
Sarah Offline

Loc: Scotland
Can anyone tell me about Candelario? (a village in the hills south of Salamanca) I have a notion to go there. Any experiences of it or ideas on hostales?

[This message has been edited by Sarah (edited 09-14-2000).]

#370 - 09/14/00 08:11 AM Re: Candelario
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Candelario is a charming, TINY pueblo. Tiny. Definitely worth taking a bus ride too.... and then probably heading back to Salamanca or wherever your next destination is. I doubt that there is a hostal, but a student who asks at the main bar for an habitacion is usually, in any small Spanish town, told to go to senora so and so's... but don't count on it always happening.

#371 - 09/14/00 10:40 AM Re: Candelario
Sarah Offline

Loc: Scotland
Thank you rgf. I have actually found a surprising number of hostales and hoteles on the web that give Candelario as their address, though of course I can believe that they're not actually in it. (And yes, I'm pretty sure they're Candelario Spain, not Mexico!) But your answer is helpful. We'll have a car so getting back to Bejar or wherever won't be a problem. I certainly would be happy with senora's back bedroom but I don't think we could pass for students!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 186 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments