Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#36457 - 03/08/05 09:59 PM carryon weight limits?
jmg Offline

Loc: farmington hills, MI USA
We will be flying Iberia this weekend to Spain from Chicago, hopefully with just carryon. Any tips or advice on the weight restrictions or problems we should be aware of? Is the limit really 10 kilos? Thank you

#36458 - 03/08/05 10:09 PM Re: carryon weight limits?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'd imagine all the rules and regulations could be found on their website @ http://www.Iberia.com .

Update: Okay. I've found it for you on their website (see link above):
==============

HAND LUGGAGE

Tourist Class:

The amount of hand or cabin luggage allowed on board is 1 Item not exceeding (height + width + length) 115 cm. (45¿), the total weight of which should be no more than 10 kg (22 lb.).

As well as the applicable allowance, each passenger may take on board in his/her own custody and at no extra cost:

* A ladies' handbag or a small briefcase
* A coat, cape or travel blanket
* An umbrella or a walking-stick
* A pair of crutches
* A small camera/camcorder or a pair of binoculars.
* A carry-cot or a collapsible wheelchair (umbrella-type) which is normally carried free of charge in the hold, with an appropriate label.
* A laptop computer

Hand luggage should be placed in the overhead lockers, or under the passenger seat. That is why the sizes indicated above, must be strictly adhered to .

First Class, Business Class, IBPlus Platinum, IBPlus Gold and Iberia Club Fiesta

* Intercontinental flights : except flights from the USA or in transit from the USA
2 Items not exceeding (height + width + length) 115 cm (45"), the total weight of which does not exceed 18kg (40 lbs.).
* All other destinations:
1 Item not exceeding (height + width + length) 115 cm (45"), the total weight of which is no more than 14 kg (31lbs).

Exceptions:
- On flights on Iberia Regional Air Nostrum, specific regulations will apply, because of limitations on capacity

- In accordance with German civil aviation regulations, the maximum weight permitted for hand luggage is 8 kg
===============

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#36459 - 03/09/05 05:35 PM Re: carryon weight limits?
jmg Offline

Loc: farmington hills, MI USA
Thank you, MadridMan, Your website has really been helpful... this will be our 3rd trip to Spain in recent years & hope for many more!
PS 10 kilos is not a lot for the crazy weather we have been having!

#36460 - 03/10/05 05:31 AM Re: carryon weight limits?
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
In my experience in flying with them there is also the "visual form factor" if you have coats and small equipment I don't think they'll weight it. A huge flexible bag half your size will not ne let in no matter the weight.

#36461 - 05/06/05 12:28 PM Re: carryon weight limits?
Escarabjito Offline

Loc: USA
We always fly the Chicago-Madrid route, and I'm not kidding you, we took 12 bottles of wine in a carry-on suitcase once. It weighed more than our checked baggage. Of course, that was coming from Madrid-Chicago, so they are a little more lax in Madrid than in Chicago. My fiance's dad is a wine distributor in Madrid so we are always lugging a ton of wine with us (very tempted to drink it on that long flight back too:)

#36462 - 05/06/05 06:15 PM Re: carryon weight limits?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
There was an article on USATODAY.com about the major national airliness now only allowing the 2 checked bags and about $80 for the third bag, $80 for the fourth bag, etcetera. This all came about because of the struggling airlines, ticket-price-wars, high fuel costs, etcetera. HOWEVER, if you're an "Elite Member Class" passenger their rules are more relaxed.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#36463 - 05/07/05 10:36 AM Re: carryon weight limits?
Rubia Offline

Plus now the weight limit for a checked bag is 50 lbs instead of 75. We used to always just check one heavy suitcase, but now we will check two so we don't go over the limit. Any way they can find to make money I guess.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments