Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3632 - 02/20/02 06:29 AM Madrid:Hostal Buenos Aires?
Jaxlarus Offline

Loc: Cyprus
I am planning to visit Madrid in May with my wife. We would like a nice but not too expencive accomodation. A friend recommended a hostel called Buenos Aires, somewhere on the Gran Via. I would appreciate some more information on the hostel, as I can find nothing online...
Thanks! rolleyes

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3633 - 02/20/02 07:31 AM Re: Madrid:Hostal Buenos Aires?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi jaxlarus! Welcome to the group!

I've never heard of Hostal Buenos Aires in Madrid, but according to www.HotelSearch.com , this place is a three-star hostel, their address is: Gran Vía, 61, and you can view a photo of the address and take a virtual walk in the neighborhood HERE through the QDQ.com website.

And hey, if you should decide to stay at Hostal Buenos Aires, please please PLEASE return here to your thread and tell us all about it upon returning so that future travelers may benefit. Thanks a lot! Have a great time in Spain!

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3634 - 02/20/02 12:28 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Buenos Aires?
SusiLaGallega Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi Jaxlarus,
I have been a bad board member and neglected to post a review on this hostal, but I did stay in Hostal Buenos Aires last summer for one night.
In general, it's a nice hostal. It's a few steps away from the Plaza de España, if I'm not mistaken, and it's on the second or third floor of the building in question. It is clean, the reception and hallways are tastefully decorated, and the rooms are a little tight, but very clean. I believe most of the rooms look out onto Gran Via or on the other side, out onto a little square. In terms of location, it was great for me, because I was close to all the sights. At night, Gran Via can be a little intimidating as there are some odd characters around, but I was never hassled - I'm a female and I traveled alone.
For the price, I would say it's definitely worth it. Oh, and customer service was very good, too.If you have any further questions, I will try to get back and answer them for you!

SusiLaGallega

#3635 - 02/20/02 12:58 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Buenos Aires?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
SusiLaGallega, TSK TSK TSK! hehehe.. wink Don't worry about it. I'm just happy SOMEONE here has experience with this place. Can you tell us the prices of this place to share with the others? HotelSearch says they're a 3* hostel whereas most hostels are 1* or 2* so about how much cash are we talking?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3636 - 02/21/02 06:15 AM Re: Madrid:Hostal Buenos Aires?
Jaxlarus Offline

Loc: Cyprus
Hey, guys and gals! Thanxxx a million for taking the time to reply. I called the Buenos Aires hostel and found out that a double there costs €58.90. It surely must be worth it. Plus, it/s true that the location is great: right on the Gran Via, in old Madrid. I/ll be in Madrid in May. I/ll contact again and tell you my opinion first hand...
Pues, hasta pronto! :p

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments