Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#36307 - 11/27/04 04:53 PM Spain in August?
ninas Offline

Loc: Boston,Massachusetts U.S.A
Hello Everyone! I'm new at this, so please excuse me if I screw this up. I'm interested to Know what to bring and how to dress in August of 2005. I plan to visit my aunt and cousins in Reus,Taragona but I'm not really sure of what to bring.Thanks.Please feel free to write in spanish, I speak the language. By the way, I'm a girl.

#36308 - 11/29/04 08:25 AM Re: Spain in August?
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
It is HOT HOT HOT!!! I usually find I am overdressed, as I bring business casual clothes so I can go anywhere (churches, nice restaurant, etc.) without worring about what I have on. But last summer I saw a lot of people in shorts, capris, flip-flop shoes. It was so hot I was wishing I had brought some. People in the large cities dress so nice for everyday (compared to US) that I wanted to try to fit in.

#36309 - 11/29/04 08:32 AM Re: Spain in August?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Question: Do they typically allow patrons wearing flip-flops into discos during summer months??

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#36310 - 11/29/04 11:17 AM Re: Spain in August?
PrincesitaDeVA Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
Madrid Man,
When I went to Spain in July, I was told by my Spanish friend that you can't wear flip flops or street clothes or they wouldn't allow you in the door.

#36311 - 11/29/04 03:35 PM Re: Spain in August?
ninas Offline

Thank You Sparkalina for your input, I'll Keep that in mind because I also want to fit in and look nice but not too over or underdresses. wink wink

#36312 - 11/29/04 04:23 PM Re: Spain in August?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
I'm sorry, but I just have this vision of MadridMan dancing in his flip-flops!

How's your walzing MM?

Quote:
3) Handshake Flip Flops
Twinkle to Flip Flop Position, Flip Flop Lady to Left Side, Flip Flop Lady to Right Side, Flip Flop w/Handshake Hold, Regain Normal Right Side Flip Flop Hold, 4 -6 Basic Twinkle Ending.

Sorry, it's been a long day today and I'm easily amused cool

#36313 - 11/29/04 04:53 PM Re: Spain in August?
ninas Offline

Yea, I know what you mean Jo-anne. I'm exousted and an working.It's only 4:30pm here on the east coast. :p

#36314 - 11/30/04 03:51 PM Re: Spain in August?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
and to add one more tired voice to the crowd ... maybe that is why I found this so amusing

Quote:
When I went to Spain in July, I was told by my Spanish friend that you can't wear flip flops or street clothes or they wouldn't allow you in the door.
I still don't think flip flops will fly ... but no street clothes confused I have images of little naked bodies with great large colorful flip flops invading alll the good night spots laugh laugh ... or could the writer possibly have meant to say dress up a bit?

#36315 - 11/30/04 07:53 PM Re: Spain in August?
DJC Offline

Loc: Texas
I'll bite. Is the waltz a popular dance in Spain?

#36316 - 11/30/04 08:21 PM Re: Spain in August?
ninas Offline

djc....to tell ya the truth, i never heard of that dance in spain, but then again, i haven't been there yet. laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments