Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3623 - 02/19/02 02:08 PM Hostal Astoria (Madrid)
T-bone Offline

Loc: central california
Any opinions on this particular hostal? I tried the search option to no avail. Seems like it is in a central location, and the rooms on their website look pretty decent. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

#3624 - 02/19/02 07:17 PM Re: Hostal Astoria (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hostal Astoria? Well don't keep us in suspenders! Give us the web address and location!!! wink I've never heard of this one and wasn't aware they had a website. I'll be happy to add it to the list I already have on MadridMan's Madrid Hotels page. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3625 - 02/19/02 07:45 PM Re: Hostal Astoria (Madrid)
jaimemiguel Offline

Loc: columbus, ohio USA
Any chance he is referring to Hotel Asturias or La Perla Asturiana ? Both are centrally located.

[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3626 - 02/19/02 11:09 PM Re: Hostal Astoria (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I had considered those two too, jamiemiguel. Hopefully T-bone will return and clear it up.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3627 - 02/20/02 12:03 AM Re: Hostal Astoria (Madrid)
T-bone Offline

Sorry for not being more specific. Web site is www.hostal-astoria.com and it is located at C/Carrera de San Jeronimo 30-32, 5th floor. I ask because I can't seem to find much feedback anywhere about this hostal. They have online pricing and availablity, which is kinda nice.

#3628 - 02/20/02 05:00 AM Re: Hostal Astoria (Madrid)
jaimemiguel Offline

Loc: columbus, ohio USA
T-Bone,
don't know anything about it, but it looks nice in the pictures on its website and it is in a fun location.

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: jaimemiguel ]

#3629 - 02/20/02 05:58 AM Re: Hostal Astoria (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

T-bone, AHA!!! Yes! I know of this hostel! It was about 6 months ago I was contacted by these people as they were building their website. Thanks for the link and reminder. I'll add them to " the list " tonight! Thanks a lot! They are located well, that's for sure!

Just out of curiosity, T-bone, how did you find/hear of them?

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3630 - 02/20/02 09:12 AM Re: Hostal Astoria (Madrid)
T-bone Offline

If I recall, I was checking on availability at another hostal online(can't remember the name), and when there was none, they had links to other hostals that did have rooms available for my specific dates. Hostal Astoria was the only one that caught my eye because of its central location and photos. By the way, I went ahead and booked 4 nights accomodation with them in August. I'll post my findings after my visit. Thanks for such a great website. It has really opened my eyes to all that Madrid has to offer!

#3631 - 02/20/02 12:30 PM Re: Hostal Astoria (Madrid)
Daimegeuse Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Hey-
I went to Madrid for Thanksgiving, and stayed for two nights. The staff was very friendly, and although the room was a bit small (even for hostels in Madrid), I would definitly stay there again. It is extremely convenient.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments