Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3617 - 02/18/02 08:56 AM Madrid: hostal macarena
lealanai Offline

Loc: massachusetts
I'm just about to call Hostal Macarena for reservations. I've read everything in this forum, but there was one negative comment which makes me hesitant. Any advice? Last time I stayed at Hotel Mora, which was fine; I just wanted something different. Help me decide, please! I want cheap/convenient location for sightseeing/private bath

#3618 - 02/18/02 03:55 PM Re: Madrid: hostal macarena
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi lealanai! I'm not positive you're talking about the Hostal Macarena in Madrid since you didn't mention the city in your posting, but if so, the only positive thing I've heard about it is the location. Maybe things have changed in the last couple of years though. If you stay there, will you please let us know how you found it? Thanks. Why not try one of the others or is the "bottom line" (lowest price) most important?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3619 - 02/18/02 04:15 PM Re: Madrid: hostal macarena
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Havent stayed at the Macarena for a couple of years now.Always enjoyed it,but at 10000 ptas a night for a double was expensive for a hostal.Last weekend we stayed at the Hotel Santander which was both nicer,cheaper adn a better location.If its a budget hostal you need. Hostal Plaza D'ort is my recommendation.

[ 02-18-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3620 - 05/16/02 07:25 PM Re: Madrid: hostal macarena
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi lealanai!
We haven't seen you around here for awhile. How was the Hostal Macarena in which you stayed in Spain or weren't you able to get in? We'd love to get a review if you have a moment. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3621 - 05/18/02 09:05 PM Re: Madrid: hostal macarena
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,
Yes, I got a chance to stay at the Hostal Macarena this last visit in April. My traveling companion liked the location (right off of Plaza Mayor) and since we were singing allnight at the nearby karoke bar, it was convenient to walk a couple of feet to our hotel. The staff was pleasant, the room clean and the bathroom offered a hairdryer! We paid 62 euros for twinbeds. It was interesting for me in that I've stayed in other locations and this was the most "touristy" district I've been in yet. I'm not sure if I like that, but I'd give this place a thumbs up anyway.

#3622 - 05/18/02 11:25 PM Re: Madrid: hostal macarena
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

HEY WAIT!! YOU HAVE TWO USERNAMES!! You can't have two usernames! Which one would you like to keep? Let me know soon via email. I'll delete the one you don't want to keep.

62€ for a double sounds like quite a bit! Thanks for the feeback! We are talking about the Hostal Macarena in Madrid, right??? confused I'm looking forward to thier future website (if they ever get one, that is).

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments