Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#36046 - 10/19/03 08:10 PM Re: What to wear in Madrid?
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

i second rocinante dress comfortably according to season and dress in conform with the situation and thats it.

anyways the madrilenos will know that you're a tourist and will undoubtly respect you more for the character you show than for the clothing you're wearing.

also spain is no longer in the franco era, so tourism is more of quality meaning you dont have to dress according to strict dress codes like if the whole of spain were the vatican.

#36047 - 10/20/03 02:05 PM Re: What to wear in Madrid?
Rocinante Offline

Loc: N. Redondo Beach, CA
Just wanna let everyone know I'm wearing white Haines socks today in the office with my black New Balance sneakers.

The dude to my left has his skull and robot tatoos predominantly displayed with his short sleeved shirt.

I love L.A. fashion.

#36048 - 10/23/03 05:22 AM Re: What to wear in Madrid?
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Even now in Madrid in October, there is a chill in the air most nights. According to the BBC website forecast earlier this week the minimum temperature was going to be -6C on Friday (they have adjusted this to -4C). So you can believe that later on in the winter it gets cold here - in fact there are ski-resorts only around 40 miles or so from here.
Apologies for those not bought up with the Centrigrade scale. My guess is that -4C relates to about 18 F, but you will have to check this out as my guess is very approximate.

#36049 - 10/23/03 09:37 AM Re: What to wear in Madrid?
Miguelito Offline

I think -4ºC = 25ºF
I don't remeber very well but I think 32ºF=0ºC and then there is a conversion factor of 9/5.
Anyway, this week there wasn't any ice on cars or on the ground. The true cold has not come yet.
The ski resorts is because there are mountains, Madrid is 650m high, and the highest mountain in Madrid 2400mts.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments