Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35989 - 08/28/03 01:35 PM Digital Camera- Please Help!
Flymistr Offline

Loc: Atlanta
I recently discovered this site and I have found a ton of great information! Thanks!

A little background, I am 24 and I will be in Spain Sept. 12- Dec. 8. (Sevilla and Madrid)
I am purchasing a digital camera(canon elph) to bring but I am unsure of what kind of accesorries/chargers that I will need in order to charge the battery while in Spain.
Additionaly, I plan on buying a large memory card to hold a lot of pics, but I would also like to upload pictures and email them to people in the states. Will I need a special cable to use with the computers in Spain?
Thanks in advance for your help!

#35990 - 08/28/03 05:07 PM Re: Digital Camera- Please Help!
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
The problem is not the cable (I guess your camera uses a standard USB connector) but the software used to transfer the pictures from the camera to the computer. Internet cafes won't probably have such software installed (at least, I don't know any).

#35991 - 08/31/03 01:26 PM Re: Digital Camera- Please Help!
Espe3 Offline

Read the instructions on the camera- your charger for the battery will probably have a adaptor built in- you just need the plug adaptor- the mechanism itself will adjust the voltage. I just purchased a Digital Camera last month and it was taken to Spain and no problems. The plug part you need to buy you can get in a hardware store there or in the Corte ingles for under 2 euros.

#35992 - 08/31/03 06:20 PM Re: Digital Camera- Please Help!
JDR Offline

Loc: asturias
I have the Canon S45 which I note uses the same software as the S230 Elph. As Antonio surmised my camera came with a cable which connects to my computer's USB port.
Although I installed the Canon provided software (Zoombrowser EX)in my computer, a friend was able to download his S45 camera images without having to install the software in a computer running Windows XP. (This communication can be done by changing a setting in the camera menu)
I don't know if CyberCafes' computers run XP.

The battery charger automatically adjusts for voltages between 100 and 240 volts so you only will need the inexpensive adapter which adapts the US style power plug with flat prongs to the european round prongs.

#35993 - 09/07/03 10:01 PM Re: Digital Camera- Please Help!
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I would recommend a WORKCENTER store to try to download your pictures. Although it's more expensive than a internet cafe, they basically provide all access to a computer there. They were extremely helpful with me when I needed to get work done. I know there are a few in Madrid.

Also, a lot of computers now will recognize a camera that's connected and let you view the pics and send them.
Good luck!

#35994 - 09/09/03 09:54 PM Re: Digital Camera- Please Help!
finez Offline

Loc: Madrid
In most photo shops as well as printing the pics they usually give you a cd with them, just need the memory card for that.

#35995 - 09/10/03 03:35 PM Re: Digital Camera- Please Help!
Cornelio Offline

Loc: Dublin, CA
Alternatively, you can bring a laptop like I do. Then, when the card gets full, I just download to the laptop and even burn the CDs right in the comfort of your hotel room. If you don't have a laptop, you should look into perhaps borrowing or renting one. I bring my laptop everytime I travel and use it to store my pictures which is great because I don't have to worry about finding a computer/internet place. The last thing I want to do on a vacation is waste time trying to find a computer shop that will extract the pictures from the photo card.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments