Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#35980 - 07/02/03 02:18 AM Re: Taking CDs
druship Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
burnt or not, the best tip I can offer for cd's is to get those 48/64/246 pocketed cd holder type cases. thow out the plastic jewel cases after saving the back panels and inserts, and just place the cd's in the pockets. It's safe, it's a HUGE space saver, and I doubt any customs official is going to question you on what you have in there, since they wouldn't know if you brough 'em or bought 'em. Works good on dvd's too...brought back TONS of stuff through customs (theoretically, heh heh) last trip...

#35981 - 07/02/03 11:41 AM Re: Taking CDs
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hey mencey, you can use my vacuum if you like, or my neighbour's laugh .... we've even got electricity here now!! wink

#35982 - 07/03/03 12:50 AM Re: Taking CDs
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
JAJAJAJA Anchovy! That's not what I meant! Jajaja, I lived in the canary islands for two years and NOBODY has carpet in the Canary Islands...thus, no need for vacuums. That is why I have never seen one there. I haven't spent enough time in the peninsula to know wheter or not they do have carpet there.But since you mention it, I'll take you up on the offer next time I'm in the penisula. But, don't you think your neighbor may get mad that you lend me his vacuum?

#35983 - 07/03/03 03:29 AM Re: Taking CDs
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Lend you his vacuum? I'll steal it for you when he's not looking laugh

We have a few rugs and small carpets around the house, so the toes don't feel chilly in the winter. I must say there is nothing nicer than when we visit somewhere like Madrid or Granada in winter time and the hotel room has a nice fitted carpet. Lovely!

#35984 - 07/09/03 03:18 AM Re: Taking CDs
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

We were approached the other night every 20 minutes or so by street sellers trying to get you to buy their wares. 3 Euros seems to be the going rate for newly released pirate cd's now - not that anybody would dream of breaking the law by buying one, of course...... rolleyes

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments