Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35891 - 04/22/03 10:32 PM Throw away as you go packing method?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
I'm doing a two week tour of northern Spain this summer, mostly one and two night stands, and I was thinking of doing the throw away as you go packing method. This means packing mostly clothes you're tired of wearing and plan to give away anyway, or stuff bought for cheap at the thrift shop. You wear it a few times, then throw it away, or give it away in Spain, thereby making room for new purchases. This cuts down considerably on laundry, as I usually pack VERY light, and find myself washing nearly every day. Has anyone ever traveled this way, and if so, how did it work out? I love to buy clothes in Spain, but I'm curious if anyone has experience doing this.

#35892 - 04/23/03 02:05 PM Re: Throw away as you go packing method?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I do that! During the year I set aside frayed clothing (to use for travel wear and then throw out). It helps a bit but once I was delayed on my return trip and wound up having to buy some replacement clothing.

#35893 - 04/23/03 07:04 PM Re: Throw away as you go packing method?
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
I only do that with underwear! It helps a bit in terms of having space for souvenirs and having less dirty laundry to bring home, but I always hope I'm not in an accident! I can just hear the folks at the ER: "Vaya, la americana es tan pobre que ni siquiera puede comprarse bragas!"

#35894 - 04/23/03 07:52 PM Re: Throw away as you go packing method?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
laugh La Maestra, great minds think alike, that's exactly what I did on my last trip, so I could make room for my souvenirs. Bras, panties and socks, all went! I also left behind things that are fairly inexpensive like toiletries. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments