Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3581 - 02/13/02 04:01 PM Re: Madrid and Sevilla Hotels
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I contacted Las Casas de la Juderia via email. juderia@zoom.es

The responded with 24 hours. I used a form that I found in Rick Steve's web site and altered it slightly for my taste:
Rick Steve's reservation form

I reserved all of my rooms using this form and it worked great.

The staff spoke very good english and they were just sooooo nice. I wish I could go back in May. laugh

#3582 - 02/13/02 10:55 PM Re: Madrid and Sevilla Hotels
ToniG Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Ok...The Carlos V in Madrid is quiet, etc....We did not use the little bar nor the breakfast/ dining rooms, nor the minibar, nor the patio with the table and chairs that the Carlos V had available. I made reservations at the Casas de la Juderia in Sevilla through a bicycle tour company that I had made arrangements with, so am not sure how they went about it (BTW we had a great bike tour and would be happy to give the tour company a plug if anyone is so inclined!). We will give you feedback on the Hostal Las Fuentes in Madrid after we get back from our March 2002 trip!

Gosh I hope this is clear!

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3583 - 02/14/02 12:50 PM Re: Madrid and Sevilla Hotels
dargus Offline

Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada
I have officially reserved rooms with the Carlos V and the Casas de la Juderia in Sevilla. Thank you CathyM for their email address as they responded to me within a day and the price for a single is 82Eu plus tax (about Cdn$112). Now I need to only book a Granada hotel and then it's over and done with. I've never really been one to book everything prior to departure as I am a spontaneaous type but I want to be guaranteed these excellent accomodations for this trip as I have a feeling good rooms could be hard to come by if I wait until last minute. Thanks so much!
I am looking forward to this trisp so veryyy much!

Dargus

#3584 - 02/14/02 03:24 PM Re: Madrid and Sevilla Hotels
kristin Offline

Loc: Albuquerque, New Mexico
We stayed at Hotel Simon in Sevilla in November and it was pretty simple for the price, but fine with a great location. I have no hesitation in recommending it. Also, you might consider the Hotel Mora in Madrid. We stayed there for 5 nights. It's just down the street from the the Prado, very close to Atocha and about $50.00 per night.

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3585 - 02/24/02 07:34 PM Re: Madrid and Sevilla Hotels
Chica369 Offline

Loc: York, PA
We had the coolest 2-level room in Casas de la Juderia -- bathroom up, and sleeping about 5 steps down. Our travelling companions, both of whom are 6' tall, were not thrilled with the antique bed which was the equivalent of an American double bed, with headboard and footboard! Nonetheless, they were good sports and managed to get some sleep. I reached the staff via fax and e-mail. They were delightful people and spoke English if you need it. They also got us a table on very short notice at a Flamenco club -- be sure to ask.

#3586 - 02/26/02 12:04 AM Re: Madrid and Sevilla Hotels
dargus Offline

Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada
I finally booked a room at the Hotel Macia in Granada at 42 Euros a night for a single, quiet side of the building. One question I have is how safe I will be walking back to the Carlos V in Madrid alone (late at night I would assume)? If I am in the Plaza Santa Ana or La Latina district should I heed more caution and take a taxi or will I be okay walking?
Thanks!

Dargus

#3587 - 02/26/02 04:22 PM Re: Madrid and Sevilla Hotels
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
You will most certainly not be alone if walking around Santa Ana/La Latina late at night.Feels much safer than most other places Ive been,including my hometown!Walk,experience and enjoy!

#3588 - 02/26/02 04:48 PM Re: Madrid and Sevilla Hotels
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
. . . and Carlos V is in a very non-threatening area. The street is fully lit, and always busy with people. It's on quite a wide street, so you don't need to walk near any darker streets on either side, just stick to the middle.

As for Wakefield, Mick Nick - now that is a scary place. One of my most eye-opening evenings was in Rooftop Gardens!

Jo

#3589 - 02/27/02 05:18 PM Re: Madrid and Sevilla Hotels
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Dont start me on Shaky Wakey.........

#3590 - 03/05/02 06:21 PM Re: Madrid and Sevilla Hotels
Ramsey Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
We stayed at Las Casas de la Judería while on our honeymoon last September. I booked it through an online hotel reservation website, not directly with them. Maybe that's why we got the room we had, I don't know. I had mentioned that we were on our honeymoon and asked for the best room available. From all the nice things I had read about the place here and elsewhere, I don't think it was one of their better rooms. The room was ok, small, and opened to the entrance alley rather than an interior courtyard, so it was a bit noisy. We also had a bit of an ant problem in the bathroom. However, the rest of the hotel seemed really nice, the staff were friendly and we loved the location. We could always stop and have one last Cruzcampo and a plate of olives at one of the cafes in the plaza right outside the hotel on our way back each evening. We enjoyed wandering aimlessly around the neighborhood and the main attractions were easy to walk to from there. I also liked their breakfast. So for the money, I would definitely stay there again. I just would have liked to have had one of their nicer rooms while on my honeymoon. Also, the cab ride to the hotel through the old Jewish quarter was like an amusement park ride, speeding through the narrow streets, around blind corners, dodging pedestrians and scooters......kind of, um, FUN, actually. Glad I wasn't driving.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments