Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35785 - 12/26/02 06:49 PM coats: styles in spain
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I am leaving to study abroad next semester in spain (granada) in less than 2 weeks! I am excited, and starting to try to figure out what to pack rolleyes . What kinds, styles of coats are popular in spain right now (for women)...leather? wool? Any ideas????? smile
Thanks!!
Kelly

#35786 - 12/27/02 04:07 AM Re: coats: styles in spain
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
Heaven knows I'm no fashion maven, but knee-length wool coats seem to be very popular right now. You can't go wrong with leather, either. If you are really interested in fashion, you should wait and buy a coat in Granada. smile

#35787 - 12/27/02 08:27 AM Re: coats: styles in spain
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
you should definitely bring a coat. Granada is basically on a mountain and it gets cold. I was there in november and people were wearing down jackets there. The syle in granada is very hippie or bohemian, there people walking around with dreadlocks. If you are a thin person , you should not have a problem finding clothes.

#35788 - 12/30/02 05:33 AM Re: coats: styles in spain
Val Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi there!

Madrid is mostly informal as far as coats go. Regular parkas are acceptable even over a suit, although the "pijos" or Spanish yuppies tend to have an expensive brand, mainly "Barbour" which charges 400$ for a wind breaker!

Also, many women wear long down coat as that was last year's trend. Long wool coats for women tend to be only if going out to a nice dinner, theatre, etc. Any mid-length coat, wool or otherwise plus gloves and a skarf (hats are rare, in general) should do perfectly.

Enjoy your trip!

#35789 - 01/02/03 04:35 PM Re: coats: styles in spain
Shazz Offline

Loc: Philadelphia/PA USA
Same bat styles. same bat channel.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments